X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

That is indeed the same type as I strarted the thread with.
      These were carried in the (trousers) pockets I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
        These were carried in the pockets I assume?
        Correct.

Comment

Again thanks! I got all my answers on the "stahlruten".
          This thread is a perfect example how we can help eachother collecting and share knowledge. Wouldn't have found this on google.

G Hanson, you are indeed the man!

Comment

Very informative. I just got a SIPO in a wwii lot. I searched the internet for two days looking for info. I come here and type in sipo and I find this thread in five minutes lol. Would only police carry these or were they used by soldiers and guards?

Comment

These were commercially available so I suppose use by a guard or soldier is feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by g hanson View Post
                These were commercially available so I suppose use by a guard or soldier is feasible.
                Thanks! Here is mine
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I will buy the baton from teammate sipo fullriede this, and I want to know more about the baton. I appreciate your opinions .. regards
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=654708

Comment

Originally posted by Milindre View Post
                          I will buy the baton from teammate sipo fullriede this, and I want to know more about the baton. I appreciate your opinions .. regards
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=654708
                          all info is in this thread, just wait untill the photo's are up on the new server.
                          It is not produced officialy for the Sicherheitspolizei (Sipo) as the seller states, but commercially available, so could be bought by anyone I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
                            all info is in this thread, just wait untill the photo's are up on the new server.
                            It is not produced officialy for the Sicherheitspolizei (Sipo) as the seller states, but commercially available, so could be bought by anyone I guess.
                            ok, I read your comments ... and call me silly , but I can not understand why the baton was labeled with the word SIPO, when the baton was not manufactured for that organization ... regards

Comment

Originally posted by Milindre View Post
                              ok, I read your comments ... and call me silly , but I can not understand why the baton was labeled with the word SIPO, when the baton was not manufactured for that organization ... regards

Ok, all my doubts clarified .... thank you all for this great thread, which helped me a lot ...: Sudor:

Comment

There were two other "schlagwaffe" favoured by the Gestapo.

One of these looked very similar to the typical rubber truncheon or "gummiknüppel," but which was actually a coiled spring wrapped in leather (pic 1).

Another "gummi" schlagwaffe used by the Gestapo is of a type similar to the "Blitz" and "Sipo" stahlrute but with the end of the spring being covered by a large rubber end piece (pic 2).

It is documented that some of this type of spring baton were captured and actually issued to some SOE/OSS agents. SOE/OSS subsequently developed their own weapons based on their German counterparts.

The "gummi" schlagwaffe is an exceptionally rare piece and other than those seen in reference books, I have only seen one other example.

I was very fortunate to be able to add one of these rare pieces to the collection.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by SiPo; 06-29-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X