Feld and Forst Hüter badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I would post these, I have had them a few years now and they have not seen the light of day for a while.

A literal meaning would be the field and forestry guards. A rural prussian police force I believe, 2 models are from the Weimar period and 2 from the 3rd Reich period.

Cheers

Gary
    Attached Files

The litle pin in the middle is a "Tierschutz" an animal protection pin, a rare little beastie indeed.

Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

Great badges Gary. May we see a closer shot of the Tierschutz badge?

Cheers
      Don

Comment

Gary,
        Thank you for posting these beautiful and very rare badges. I wonder if we could see a close-up of the Tierschutz pin or button. I have never seen that one before.
        In many years of pursuing the police warrant discs of the Third Reich era, I have only come across a couple of the Feld and Forst Hüter badges. I think both were from the Third Reich era, if I recall correctly. One was offered to me at the first SOS at the Drawbridge Inn, and I have always regretted not buying it. I have three examples of the Fischeri badges.
        You are the owner of some beautiful and rare examples here !!
        Don Bible
        Don Bible

Comment

Here are some close ups of the Tierschutz pin and the Feld and Forst Hüter badges.
          Obverse
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse

Maker is EF Wiedmann Frankfurt A.M.
            Attached Files

Comment

Weimar period
              Attached Files

Comment

2nd Weimar
                Attached Files

Comment

1st 3rd Reich
                  Attached Files

Comment

2nd 3rd Reich

Glad you guys liked these

Cheers

Gary
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello

Very impressive. I had not seen these before. I am a bit unclear as to their use. Were these cap badges, belt box plates, tschako badges? Also, was this organization a branch of the Prussian Police or an auxillary/volunteer group. I recognize that they are Prussian police stars, but again I had never heard of this group.

Thanks,
                      William Unland

Comment

William

As far as I know these were worn on the tunic, I believe they were arm badges, they are pin back, Joe Wotka once mentioned to me that these were a rural prussian police force, I do not believe they were volunteers, I do know they were used in the fight against poaching and were armed I believe with only a nightstick and not any type of edged weapon though I'm sure they might have had some kind of knife, I sure would have if I was going up against armed poachers.
                        Thats about all I know but Joe knows much more I believe.
                        My interest in them comes about due to their proximity within their work with the Imperial/Weimar hunting/Forestry associations( ADJV).

Cheers

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary, Very nice set of FF&H badges you have there!!! I still have my one and only...tried to sell it, although I suspect I overpaid for it but they are rare so I'll keep it for the time being!
                          Attached Files
                          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for the shots of the Tierschutz pin.

There has been a recent spate of bad Third Reich badges for this organisation floating around. I assumed that they were fantasy pieces, but your pin shows that it's based on this original design. Now the question is was there a TR version?

Here's the link showing the fake.... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=255530

Cheers
                            Don

Comment

Don

I have yet to see any other "Tierschutz" pins of any kind not even another one of this type, I have looked as well, I can only assume that it was a very small association and not many were made, hence it's rarity.
                              Thanks for the interesting link to the obvious fake 3rd Reich tierschutz pin, I hadn't come across these before.
                              Dave, I remember you getting that badge, a very nice example.

Cheers

Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X