What is this badge? Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this badge? Original?

Thanks...part of a lot I am looking at.......
    Attached Files

badge authenticity?

Attached Files

Comment

Until about a month ago I'd never seen the bottom one before. Seeing a second this quick worries me........

Cheers
      Don

Comment

Hi

I have never seen one of these before and thanks for posting the image.

Given Don's comments, it is a concern that two have appeared in such a short time, so it will be interesting to hear from other members and their opinions.

It would seem to be a rather an obscure area to make a fantasy badge for.

Raymond

Comment

That one at the bottom is from the Reichstierschutzbund =

Reichs Animal Protection Association

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Griffiths View Post
            Hi
            It would seem to be a rather an obscure area to make a fantasy badge for.
            Raymond
            It's not as daft as it seems. Think about it, collectors are more likely to pay a higher amount for a badge they've never seen before as "it must be rare...." Covers the cost of making it in the first place. A more common badge may not be noticed as a fake as it may not be inspected that closely, but the return will be lower if the badge is common, more have to be made to cover the cost........

I'm not saying it is bad, I don't know, but I wouldn't pay much for it just in case. Alarm bells always ring in my head when something very unusual pops up more than once.......

Cheers
            Don

Comment

Hi Don

Fair point.

I wonder if any other members have seen these, either before, or more recently?

Raymond

Comment

I haven't seen one of these before, but typically the recessed area containing the maker mark is a sure sign of a post 1945 creation.
                Lyn

Comment

I don't recall seeing a pin and catch like that on 3rd Reich badges before..
                  Tom Nowling

Comment

Look what I came across today http://www.od43.com/German_Military_Pins.html item W6272 about half way down the page........

Cheers
                    Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X