VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see your TeNo Uniforms, Insignia and Headgear!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many THANKS for sharing, MIKE - a "Unique" Item(!)

Many THANKS for sharing, MIKE - a "Unique" Item(!)

That is one fine conditioned Rebreather 'Gas Mask' / Heeresatmer Backpack unit!
    Seeing your fotos of the WHOLE UNIT in the box (with tools!) & then opened up, really gives a good feel for what was really a pretty "High-Tech" apparatus for the early 1940's!
    I'm sure that many Luftschutz and Feuerschutz Museums in Germany today - would love to have an example as nice as yours, to display! Good Going! Never know what you are going to 'uncrate' / pull out, of that wonderful TR Collection!

The Germans were on the leading edge of Gasschutz & Luftschutz technology - because their leadership had some idea of what lay ahead. (Plus, it seems that "Every" German soldier, is pictured with the cannister Gas Mask! So - how many Million of those cannister Gas Masks were manufactured for the Wehrmacht & 'Zivil' use? My 'guess' would be Probably > 10,000,000 + !

As just another part of the anticipated "Gas War / Air (Raid) War" - a special magazine came out in 1931 - "Gasschutz und Luftschutz", or called GuL. It is very fortune for us as collectors, that the German Bundesamt für Bevölkerungsschutz und Katastrophenhilfe has a WebSite & they have archived (in PDF's) - ALL of the GuL Issues from 1931-1945!
    Download for FREE, here: http://www.bbk.bund.....html__nnn=true

Interesting information, which is like a 'Time Capsule' to read through! THANKS for sharing, MIKE - a "Unique" Item(!) ....Dave/dblmed

Comment

TN.-Oberscharführer Shoulder Boards

TN.-Oberscharführer Shoulder Boards

(Posted for CAMONUT) - Shown are 2 very nice examples of the TN Ranking (in effect 1 Dec. 1936 - 1 April 1940) for a TN.-Oberscharführer.

The shown examples have the 'Integral' Yellow Loop Tresse, which was sewn into place at the time that the Shoulder Boards were made.
      (This is confirmed by finding no Tresse exposed on the Reverse.) There are other examples in which the Yellow Loop is just slipped onto the
      Shoulder Board & either hand, or machine, sewn into place. (Yellow is visible on the Reverse, in this type.) The slip on types are believed to
      have been for 'field upgrades' / promotions, from the existing rank of TN.-Scharführer.

This style TN Shoulder Board also varies quite a bit in length, depending upon the manufacturer. It is not unusual to find 2 different length
      Shoulder Boards on the same TN Uniform.

The slight 'Yellow / Goldene" Loop / Tresse coloration differences are also shown nicely on these 2 boards. The color differences are felt to be
      the result of either extended sunlight exposure - or - a different manufacturer (or Both!)

Super TeNo • TN Insignia Examples! Thanks for Sharing Them!... Dave/dblmed
      Attached Files

Comment

My input for archive purpose...
        Marc
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

thanks for your pictures

thanks for your teno uniform and teno visorhat pictures one of a kind

Comment

A few more goody's

PS: the above tunic and visor are for sale.....

NOT the following insignia's !!

Marc
                Attached Files

Comment

more .....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

a few more caps
                      Attached Files

Comment

Marc, those are some seriously impressive contributions! You must be making our resident TN collector, Dave/dblmed, dizzy with looking all of this choice material! Many thanks for sharing these great items with all of us!
                        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Thank you Dave, i'll see if I have more stuff to put on the tread.
                          As well as on other treads like the NSKK and others...
                          Now that i'm reducing my collection, I have the opportunity to take pictures...
                          Marc
                          Attached Files

Comment

Above, the inside of the NCO cap pictured.
                            and a couple off collars...
                            Attached Files

Comment

MARC (!) Spectacular TeNo Collection ... Txs

MARC (!) What a Spectacular TeNo Collection ... CONGRATS ! ! !
                              Thanks for sharing your TeNo "Treasures" with us...

Yes, Dave C is 100% correct - I've had 'TeNo Vertigo' from looking again-&-again at all of the
                              amazing diversity of Items which you have Posted. (I am very glad that you now have
                              a bit of extra time to take these splendid fotos!)

As a Collector who desires to better understand the complexity & diversity of the Technische Nothilfe,
                              I'd like to ask your Opinion regarding some of your TeNo Items. [If any of my comments are not
                              Accurate, please correct me as I'm here to learn more.]

Marc, as you have the time, it would be Outstanding to learn from you about several of the
                              'rare & unusual' TeNo Items which you've shown us. Since fotos make for a better reference,
                              I have Posted my Questions on the attached image.

Many Thanks(!) ... Dave / dblmed
                              Attached Files

Comment

Notes on rifles in photos:
                                #104, 116: French Berthier carbines
                                #114: Belgian M89/16 carbines

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X