Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and finally this. Not sure if this is TR or not, but I like it. Willing to listen to opinions on the timeframe for this pin.

Thanks
    Jim

DSCF1570.jpg

Comment

HirschfÄnger

Gentlemen

These aren't the greatest pics but I wondered if you could advise on this cutlas.
      Attached Files
      Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
      Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
      Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Eickhorn makers mark and the end of the scabbard
        Attached Files
        Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

the best I can get of the blade

What do you think?

Many thanks

James
          Attached Files

Comment

James

The hirschfänger you show is post war, the maker mark is etched , it should be stamped on all Eickhorn Hunting/Forestry and shooting association hirschfängers.
            Apart from one very famous example there are no known clamshells with a swastika incorporated within it's design.
            This piece was probably put together within the last 5 years or so.

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary

Thanks very much for the confirmation. I'd forgotten about the etched Eickhorn logo. Thanks for reminding me

All the best

James

Comment

JimC, thanks for posting!

The DJ Sleeve isignia looks great, I like the used/removed look!

Warden Badge - is it bubbling or spotted? Falls in the number range, looks like the right set-up

DJ Badge - this one looks like a cast repro to me

Last Badge - the cross between the antlers makes me think of an earlier design, perhaps ADJV? Anyone?
                Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Dave,
                  Thanks for the comments.

The warden badge, if you look under magnification, seems to be spotted, both front & back, the front is a little worse.

I have had opinions both ways about the DJ badge. I don't worry about it much, I bought it early in my DJ collecting, didn't pay much for it, and figure I can always upgrade. If you make it to Louisville for a Military Gun Day show, or the SOS next year, I'll show it to you and you can see what you think.

I am also interested in other comments on the other pin. Everyone let me know what you think, I'm trying to learn a bit more about this stuff every day.

Thanks
                  Jim

Comment

Jagliches Brauchtum - Hunting Traditions Bible

Gentlemen

I thought you might be interested in this.

I have done a bit of hunting in Germany and close to me at all time was the Jagliches Brauchtum. This is the hunter's bible for all the many rules and traditions of the sport. The picture on the left is my copy dated 2001. On the right is a copy form 1936 that I found recently. An extraordinary coincidence is that the 36 edition belonged to someone who lived in Soltau which is now a big British tank training area and somewhere I have spent many pleasant hours pursuing wold boar. Soltau is also close to the Bergen Belsen Concentration camp.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Apart from the obvious differences the content is amazingly similar. Except for the final picture which shows the bag laid out. On the right are the hunt staff - horn players, beaters, dog handlers etc all looking suitably servile while on the right is the jägermeister out front with the guns behind all giving the traditional 1936 salute.

I thought this was a very interesting find.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hunting Dagger with Damascus Blade

Gentlemen

I'm pretty sure that this is a 60s fantasy that is for sale on a German website that is "guaranteed original".

Comments welcome

James
                        Attached Files

Comment

A couple more close ups including the maker marked and dated scabbard
                          Attached Files

Comment

and more including the damascus blade
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by JamesT; 06-07-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Jim...further to your post no. 331, was there not a Freikorps outfit that used a Stag's head with a cross between the antlers?

Comment

Protektorat Abgabefreier Jahresjagdschein. I now have reason to think that some of the same categories of licenses issued in the Reich were also issued in the Protektorate. Would welcome opinions (especially Martin) and any images other forum members might have from the Protektorat.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 43 users online. 0 members and 43 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X