This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave

I think my badge is for an Austrian Exhibit at an hunting exhibition, probably during the 1939 Grüne Woche week, though I'm not 100% certain about that, perhaps some of our german cousins can shed some light on the Grüne Woche which I believe still goes strong in Berlin.

I have a Raude Jäger badge, I believe the one your showing is from the latest Herman Historica offering, as far as I know these were used by members of the deutsche jägerschaft whilst working in a vetinarian cause. Raude I believe translates to something like Mange. These badges were made ion Austria ans have a Vienna mark.
    Pictured is a couple more medals I picked up, all 3 of these were originally sold at the HH auction.

Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

These two other medals are for exhibits at the 1937 International Berling hunting exhibition.

Gary
      Attached Files

Comment

Kimbrian

I missed your post, I must congratulate you on a wonderful DJ horn, I'm sure you know these are very rare, yours is the first I have seen with brown leather coverings, I've seen all sorts of finishes, yours is very nice.
        These are lovely horns and sound great. I hope you may be able to put yours to use.

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary,

Congrats on all of your new items! I really like the III/PREIS and I actually placed an order for it but all too late I see now! Still haven't heard back from them and they haven't updated the site, obviously. Got to be quick to keep up with you! Congrats!
          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

I'd wandered the stuttgart show in 2008 for around 2 days, I'd already bought a great forestry hirschfänger and was strapped for cash. I'd seen this piece many times and had dismissed it because I thought that it was an Imperial piece with a DJ badge added later to the grip, not for me I thought.
            I then remembered something an old time collector once told me, he said pick up everything you can and have a look at it, that way you'll never pass up something for lack of knowledge. I thought what the heck, no harm in looking at it. Bear in mind I had very limited funds.
            Attached Files

Comment

Those scabbard fittings had me fooled, I really thought that the badge was a later addition, it could have been added at any time even after the war.
              I picked it up and pulled the blade.
              Attached Files

Comment

I was seriously impressed with the blade, I looked closely at the badge and then realised it was an original grip badge, not a cut down stick pin as most are that are put on post war.
                Attached Files

Comment

I hadn't even turned it over but when I did, holy moses, I couldn't believe what I was looking at.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Everything then just fell into place, I looked at the grip assembly, it's exactly the same as a standard Eickhorn DJ piece bar the pommel nut, ferrel, grp and badge are the same. That early 3rd Reich double oval mark, the same as you see on some early army daggers, I just had to have it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Because of lack of funds I wasn't quite sure how I'd be able to buy it, I told the dealer that I'd leave him the 100 Euro I had as a down payment and I'd get him the rest by the end of the day, I rushed to the airport and got out my limit from the ATM, I was still a few hundred Euro short, I then had to beg for a loan from one of the English dealers I knew and I had the money.
                      Never have I been so pleased to go and buy a piece, I just did not want to go home without it.

Gary
                      Last edited by Saufaenger kid; 05-15-2010, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Really a great deal! This piece looks a bit like a "Waidpraxe", a heavy blade hanger to cut off the antlers of a stag or a moose.
                        In forestry regulations for some of the ranks is described a "Standhauer" as side weapon, but it is never pictured.
                        This hanger is perhaps something is this direction.
                        Congratulations on this wonderful piece.
                        What have payed for it ?

Regards
                        Stefany

Comment

Gary, that is one seriously impressive addition you made, congrats!
                          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Stefany

I was lucky and got it for Euro 1000.
                            I've always thought of this piece as a waidblatt, my understanding is that a standhauer has a narrower blade, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the correct terms.

Cheers

Gary

Comment

Gentlemen,

just recently, a good friend presented to me a „Wehrmachtjagdschein B“ (Wehrmacht hunting license category B). This B category license was the missing variation of Army hunting licenses.

For the other variations of Wehrmacht hunting licenses, especially the category A license, see here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...in#post3730061

Before I received it, I thought, the B variation also would have been issued to soldiers who had a normal German Jahresjagdschein issued in 1939 or later. No, it was issued to soldiers NOT having a valid Jahresjagdschein. Also, it was restricted to small game (hares, rabbits, fowl and the like) AND boars. Additionally, as the sticker on the right inner page states: a B hunter always had to be accompanied by an A hunter while on hunting.

Regards

Martin
                              PS: Nice to have such friends.

Comment

I envy such friends... mine just supply me with hunting rifles

Congrats, that´s a fine addition!

Regards,

Kimb.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X