Photos Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the 1990s Polish and Czech published books with the lowest prices
    on the market. Most of them used to copy Squadron Signal profiles (and I am just speaking about the well known american publisher because everibody knows him). I know a Czech who did scan complete books... it was more simple !

Then when they earned enough money, they decided to publish monographies about their own planes and tanks. Then the Euro came and they became more expensive... don't know why !

As publishing books about eastern vehicles doesn't brings enough money to their market, they are still publishing monos with tempting subjects as TIGER I, TIGER II, BF-109, DAS REICH, DIRLEWANGER, etc, etc... so by now they are at a point when their market is overloaded with monos about TIGERs with the same contains and profiles. What is the solution for them : contacting collectors and using private sources !

I have nothing against KAGERO but with eastern publishers in general !

JYN
    Last edited by JYN; 05-04-2005, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Thank You for Your opinion. I simply can't agree that the western countries have the monopolly for the historical books. It is a nonsense!

I don't think You have any experience with any of the eastern publishers, do You?. These are people who want to write the history books in their own language for their own people, what is wrong with that? The publisher is a standar economical body and needs to earn money to exists! It is as simple as that! I know KAGERO boss, he is the very honest man. What is wrong with adopting the good succesfull solutions that were applied on the free WEST??? Don't we have a right to publish our own books? I know another Polish publisher who bought the licence from Signal Squadron - is that copying? It is absolutely legal! It did not succeded because the prices of SS were too high for Polish (EASTERN) reality!

What is wrong with that that the publisher is following the market? He would be stupid to publish things noone would buy!

Quote:
      'In the 1990s Polish and Czech published books with the lowest prices
      on the market...'

What price would You pay for a book if You earn 300 EURO pro month?...

Apart of that, the pictures You mentioned that they were COPIED actually came from opened archives!!! Please, Sir, mark You words when You start to accuse someone or some institution!

If I am asking for the pictures on behalf of the EASTERN (POLISH) publisher I am doing it gladly because I am Pole myself! I can't see nothing wrong to ask for cooperation! There are people here who offered their collections to me for free!! They don't see anything wrong to let their pictures be included in the EASTERN (how pathetic...) book. Do You still divide the nations on the west and east? Why then? I am very proud that I come from EASTERN part of the Europe and it is no shame in it as well as there is no shame to help the publisher to develop new projects. The publications are bilingual - everybody wins! Is it not nice to present hte collection of pictures in the most nice and proffessional way as the illustrations to the historical book?

I thought we are here the community (international one) and it (shall) really doesn't matter if we come from Usa, Russia, Poland or China. We are historians! And in my opinion as historians we have the right to ask our 'brothers in arms' for help. And I was and I am asking the people for cooperation as a member of the community.

With all the respect, if Your primary concern is that I am looking for pics for the EASTERN publisher, then we have no more to say to eachother, i am affraid.

I wish, I could convice You, Sir, to think in other way. Nevertheless I have tried.
      Last edited by Okrach; 05-04-2005, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Great Thanks

I would like to thank to all of You who trusted me and sent me pictures. In advance I would like to thank to those who may post them soon.

IMPORTANT NOTE for those who post their pics to me. It may take a time to write a book that concearns the subject illustrated by Your pictures. Hence if Your address will change in time, please sent me an e-mail note.

In time I will try to bring this thread back to the top.

Once again THANK YOU!!!

PS. If there is any assistance I can do for You, please do not hesitate and write to me (PM or e-mail).
        Last edited by Okrach; 05-06-2005, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X