• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opel Olympia.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Larrister:

Your unkown may be an Austro-Fiat, I will revert to tht.

For now, I will try to post some Finnish shots and while they may not fit my template of vehicles used by Germany or it's allies, they probably ended up being used when Finland and Germany were "allies".
      Attached Files

Comment

Next
        Attached Files

Comment

And a third..Please note that all are from a Finnish WWII site that mainly deals with the general history of the three Finnish campaigns in WWII. You can access the site through the Kevos Link.
          Last edited by Bill Murray; 04-29-2005, 05:54 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Comment

Having a bad day, here.

Will try again the third photo.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I keep forgetting to Id the vehicles.

The first is a 1939 Chevrolet, probably with a gas generator bag on the roof.

Second is a 1939 Ford with perhaps the same equipment

Third is a late 1930's Dodge (1936?) and another 1939 Ford.

Comment

Patrick, Thanks a bunch for the ID's I would have bet mony that the Kapiten was an american car.... has that look...

Bill, I had always thought the truck may have been captured Russian lend lease vehicle. My Grandfather who was a train engineer who ran war matieral into russia from the middle east may have even transported that truck at one time... Mike

Comment

here is another that has been identified as a Peugot 201....
                  Attached Files

Comment

hi

nice photos but the n° 29 is a Wanderer W50 cab, n°38 is a peugeot 402 legère 4 doors, n° 27 is a simca 8, and on the n) 35 photo the car at left is a plymouth mod 38.
                    regads patrick

Comment

Here are a couple vehicles in use by the SS in Russia. I'm not exactly sure which type of vehicles these are, they look civilian to me.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another
                        Attached Files

Comment

Todd:
                          My, what absolutely amazing photos. The first shows two 1939 Willys-Overland sedans and the feature car in the second photo is also such a car.

These cars were rather rare even here in the US and it is amazing to see two of them in Russia. Wonder how they got there. My Lend Lease statistics mention a small number of "passenger cars" but they never have given the makers name.

Nice photos for sure.
                          Bill

Comment

Unfortunately, we seem to have had a minor problem this evening with the site so I will repost some comments.

Patrick: You are spot on that my Dodge is in fact a Plymouth and also correct in my opinion, that the Wanderer is a W50

Todd:

On your post 41, I would say the lead car is a Chrysler product of 1937/38, cannot tell the mark just yet. Lots of good ID characteristics.
                            Then is your Willys-Overland again and then a 1 or 1.5 ton Blitz Opel followed by what I think is another (or maybe the other) Willys-Overland. Then you have what I feel is a Ford, could be German, French or Lowlands origin.
                            The last identifiable vehicle I will have to guess at for now but it looks like a Buessing to me.

Please keep them coming. Good stuff is getting shared here.
                            Cheers
                            Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill for this great information. Here are two more pictures of what I believe to be civilian vehicles. Which type of vehicles are in the next two photos?
                              Attached Files

Comment

The last one for the eveing. I will keep on posting more in the next day or so.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X