• Time
  • Show
Clear All

cars

NSKK driver and his boss posing in mid winter
    Attached Files

Comment

cars

SA troop using lorry,this is part of a funeral set,so im guessing this lorry was used to move the funeral guard to the grave etc.

well marked up with flags and unit number.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mr. Moloney:

RE: Your Photos.

I don't try to ID Mercedes too closely anymore as I always get the 200 and 300 series mixed up, but.........

1. Mercedes
        2. Mercedes, possibly a Rohr, another Mercedes and the last car is most likely either an Adler or a Hanomag. Both had a radiator badge that looked quite similar from a distance. The Adler was a stylized eagle and the Hanomag had a stylized V shaped one.
        3. Ford Model A
        4. NSU Fiat 1500 if it were the German variant.
        5. Not sure on the last truck, the wheel type is a good clue and I will have a look in my references.

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

A recent addition which was kindly sent to me for free.

A Laffly/Hotchkiss S 15R in Wehrmacht service.

Cheers
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

cars

hi bill and thanks for info on photos.

here is a personal favourite,its a press photo of the 1940 launch of a new merc model....the 3 wheel in front is the 1880s original merc.
            not the chain dagger of the NSKK officer.

great photo in my opinion

regards
            matthew
            Attached Files

Comment

Fiat 500 Topolino.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill

Hansa-Lloyd Bremen IV.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill

Here is a lineup of confiscated Fords. I will leave the identification of the two V8's at left to you as I'm not sure of their year and type. The other two from the left are a Ford Eiffel and a Ford Koln. The car at right is a Hansa 1100 or 1700.

Cheers
                  Larry
                  Attached Files

Comment

hi larry,
                    the two ford at left are :
                    first, Ford V8/92.A (1939)
                    second, Ford V8/74 (1937)

patrick

Comment

Hi Larry & Patrick:

Regarding the Fords on the left of the photo, they could be:
                      1. Either a Ford 1938 Deluxe or a 1939 Ford Standard.
                      2. Either a Ford 1937 Deluxe or a Ford 1938 Standard.

During 1938, 1939 and 1940, Ford made a policy of carrying over the previous style front end to the next year on their passenger cars, offering this "Standard" model at a reduced price. The "Deluxe" model with the new styling carried a rather higher price tag and was usually rather better appointed.

This was the case, at least, in the US and I do not know if the policy was followed concerning Ford cars exported to Europe. If that policy was not followed, the first car is a 1938 and the second a 1937, both Deluxe models.

I cannot ID car #4 just yet but I cannot find a Ford model to fit. I first thought it might be a Fiat 508, which it closely resembles, but the door handles are in the wrong place. I will keep looking.

I have not had time to really look at car #5, Larry may be correct.

Here is a photo of a 1938 Ford Deluxe.
                      Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

hi bill,
                        i am not agree with you for the fist one, your photo is au Ford 1938 V8/81A (deluxe)
                        the photo of larry show one Ford 1939 V8/92A (standart)
                        like this

differences are visible on side engine cowling, and on the nose
                        patrick

Comment

Thankyou Patrick and Bill for your input.

I initially thought that car #4 was a Ford Koln but I think Bill is pretty close, not a Fiat 508 but probably a NSU/Fiat 1000 Cabriolet 2.

Here's a couple of pics from Werner Oswald's "Deutsche Autos, 1920-1945."

Cheers
                          Larry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Larry, Patrick:

I offer my sincere apologies for my recent incorrect ID answers on this and a couple of other threads.

There are never excuses, but sometimes reasons. This may not translate well in English to French, but the Planets are not aligning properly for me just now.

It has become obvious to me the last year or so that my age is finally starting to affect my ability to instantly identify vehicles that a few years ago I knew immediately. Part of it is my brain, I suppose, certainly a lot of it is my eyesight and maybe not a little is that I get in a hurry.

Regarding the last issue, at almost 69 years of age, I still own a large hobby shop and I am very active in that business. I had sort of semi-retired when my son joined the company, but the economic situation here in the US is in a real mess as you have read in the press.

The items we sell are called in American English "Discretionary Income Items" which is most easily translated as we sell things nobody really needs unless they have a little extra money.

Having lived in Sweden, Peru, Canada and China, I fully realize how lucky we are here in the US when it comes to the cost of ordinary goods and services compared to other countries. However, here, the cost of gas/petrol has gone from around $.70 cents a liter to around $1.10 a liter in the last three months, not something that would impress the two of you but a huge increase for the average American. I know, I know, it costs over $2.00 a liter in Sweden now, but Europe and Australia have never seen such a huge jump in the price of such a necessary commodity in such a short time as far as I know.

Sorry, writing a book that is totally off the topic of the thread. What this means for me is that my shop business is off for the last 4 months an average of 25% and I am now working again 60 hours a week to keep the business going.

Regarding more specific issues about the proper identification of unknown vehicles, I made an upgrade to my Photoshop program over the Internet that failed and gave me a lot of problems with enlarging photos and even scanning new photos. I have contacted Photoshop and we think we have resolved the problem. I also took out of my shop a very good lighted magnifying glass apparatus that mounts on my desk so that I can try to look closer and better at details.

So my most dear friends, I will try to go slower, be more accurate and not guess at trying to help you.

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

No need to apologise. I make mistakes all the time. I tend to jump to conclusions about the identification of vehicles without doing proper research. I need to take a little more time and look through my books and the internet before I make a call. You have been a great help to me and I have learnt a great deal from you. I'm sure you get it right 80-90% of the time and that's fine by me. With the help of other knowledgeable people on this forum we always manage to identify the majority of vehicles. Working 60 hours a week must be hard on you. Do you have family to help out?

Cheers Larry

Comment

hi Bill,
                                No need to apologise for me either.
                                my English is not enough good to make you a long answer, but i am completely agree with Larry.

patrick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X