Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant!

Comment

hmm? How about a pic that doesn't exist in colour...??
      cheers
      Andreas

Comment

Anyone has a good (original) b/w Leibermuster photo... I think this wold be a great idea, because of the different colors (black/red/green etc.) in the pattern...

/David

Comment

Hello,

here's my second colorized photo, wich shows a Großdeutschland private in his walking out dress in 1944/45.
          I hope you like it:

Colorized:

/David

Ps. I just saw, that I forgot a little piece under the soldiers left sleeve to colorize... sorry about that

Comment

Great idea. We need to settle on one photographic image for all the participants to colorize. That way submissions wont be judged off photographic content. Some of us have images that are amazing and all of us have pretty standard fare I am sure.

Anyway, degree of difficulty is definitely affected when we are talking about landscape details. W-SS camo is fairly easy to do.

I will PM the individual who asked for a color pallete.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lloyd I.]Great idea. We need to settle on one photographic image for all the participants to colorize. That way submissions wont be judged off photographic content. Some of us have images that are amazing and all of us have pretty standard fare I am sure.

Anyway, degree of difficulty is definitely affected when we are talking about landscape details. W-SS camo is fairly easy to do.

I will PM the individual who asked for a color pallete

Also, great GD image. Remember to add gausian blur or blur to edges. This softens the transition between color elements and rids that sharp edge that happens when you select and area to colorize.

Comment

the one real nice thing about Akiras idea is, we get to test our skills on a brilliant black and white photo that no one has ever seen before except Akira and then we have the great fun of compairing our work to the original colours after the competition, this sounds the most intrigueing to me and exciting.

Ian

PS, girrrrr you guys are getting to good, to bloody fast !

Comment

Exactly. Both "Reality Award" (closest to the original) and "Convincing Award" (convincing more than the original!) can be defined if we use an original color image.

Comment

Sounds great! I know I have my photoshop all warmed up and ready...lol...

Comment

Here is my attempt at one. I really like this foto.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan94
                        Hello,

here's my second colorized photo, wich shows a Großdeutschland private in his walking out dress in 1944/45.
                        I hope you like it:

Colorized:

/David

Ps. I just saw, that I forgot a little piece under the soldiers left sleeve to colorize... sorry about that
                        How did you get the cufftitle to be so black and white compared to the original?

Comment

Hello,

I drew pixel for pixel in the areas wich should black... It's a long process, but I got the best result, when doing this way.

Best Regards, David

PS. And you Heeres Infantry photo is really great... I never saw it before, and the color makes it "living"...

The other photos are great as well, and I'm really looking forward for a contest.
                          Last edited by Ryan94; 04-26-2005, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan94
                            PS. And you Heeres Infantry photo is really great... I never saw it before, and the color makes it "living"...
                            Yes, the picture is a wonderful one. It is from a series of canteen photos sold to 19.Panzer-Division soldiers.

May I post the competition picture now?

Comment

Yes!!

Post it now... I can't wait anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
                                Yes, the picture is a wonderful one. It is from a series of canteen photos sold to 19.Panzer-Division soldiers.

May I post the competition picture now?
                                Yes,please post it

can't wait anymore

cheers
                                Andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 139 users online. 0 members and 139 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X