No announcement yet.

4x Citations Ardennes/Hürtgenwald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job, Uwe! Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information! Besides Gren.Rgt. 983 I also get a better idea of where 353. ID was located by the end of Nov 1944...!

Comment

Got some news on the Keunecke-IAB citation which raises questions/makes me rethink my opinion...

I did a quick online research and found that a soldier named Fredo Keunecke was killed in action on Nov 19th 1944 and was burried in Lommel (Belgium). Neither Fredo nor Keunecke are very common names in Germany, and regarding the fact that the guy was most likely killed in the area FJR6 operated in at that time (southern Holland) it could actually be "my" man... which would mean he was awarded the IAB posthumously about 2 1/2 months later.

What do you guys think, how likely is that?

Edit: I didn´t realize the rank of a Luftwaffe/Fallschirmjäger Oberjäger (as entered in the citation) equals the rank of an Unteroffizier (NCO) in the army... but Fredo Keunecke burried in Lommel was a Gefreiter, so maybe my theory is wrong.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by matthias_AC; 09-08-2018, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Matthias! Awesome documents!

If you wish to part with the 275 Infanterie one, I'm always looking to expand

Alex

Comment

very interesting material for further research!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X