HORRENDOUS! Regency Superior Auction January 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HORRENDOUS! Regency Superior Auction January 20

In thirty years of selling autographs, I've never quite seen as shameless an operation as that run by Regency Superior in St. Louis. Before their last auction, I warned them about the numerous obvious forgeries of Hitler art and TR autographs offered in their sale. They quickly responded with an email advising me as to how shocked they were at this revelation, and promised to look more carefully at the consigned material.

Nothing happened, and the lots were presumably sold.

Tomorrow, another bath of clearly amateurishly forged autographs and Hitler artworks will be offered for sale, between Lots 511-531. My favorite piece is the signed drawing "from one of Mengele's art journals" opening at $375. Much of this trash is attributed to the collection of Gen. Heinrich Jurs, authenticated by one Jerry Swallows.

Their Holocaust material is beneath contempt, including SS ashtrays, rug beaters, "official" camp shoe horns, and other contrivances.

Yes, I run an auction house, but I would not demean myself by labeling these bums "competitors". These folks are stamp dealers trying to make a few extra bucks, and their material lacks expertise, descriptions, and provenance.

When this crap comes to market, our first reaction is to laugh. Our next reaction should be to ask ourselves why these imbeciles are allowed to pawn off this crap as legitimate and thereby devalue the authentic material other people own.

Let them know how you feel.

A link to the auction or some photos would help to spread the word about these auctioneers. I've been to some auctions and it is amazing how little do they know about anything Military...whoever their expert is (if any) should be taken outside and shot. I'm not saying every auction house is like that and It's not always about the history but they use the (mis) labeling of such items. You said it...they are trying to make the extra buck by catering to those with less knowledge than their own.

Comment

Hi,

indeed, amazingly ugly fantasy items and fakes...

https://www.regencystamps.com/Category/Judaica-388.html

https://www.regencystamps.com/Category/German-1312.html

See You

Vince

Comment

Perhaps they will accept this period Hitler post card on consignment for their next sale?

It's self authenticating you know.

I wonder what their sales estimate would be? $500-$800?

Comment

Bill,

Just hurry up , and have your next auction!!! I need top dollar for the goods I sent you.. Don't worry about the bums at Regency, they will be bankrupt ,and out of business just like Pioneer auctions eventually... I hear Regency will be selling some Hair from AH's mustache in the upcoming auction... Yahoo news front page just like the gold train in Poland

Comment

It seems that a lot of stamp dealers and auctions are getting more involve in selling Third Reich militaria unfortunately they lack the knowledge and expertise.

Rene Chavez
            www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Larry...My sister in Buffalo heard something from an old lady who's husband was in Army Intelligence about a collision of a tourist boat and a U-boat in 1940. U-Boat went down with all hands and apparently is still at the bottom of the falls. She also said that Hitler made a special trip to the US side in remembrance of the lost crew. So that Postcard maybe the only photographic evidence that exists Estimate should be at least $1,000 to $2,000 at this auction

On the more serious side of things as in anything know what you are buying and I wouldn't buy anything from this auction. These guys need to get out of the TR business!

Originally posted by Larry Davis View Post
              Perhaps they will accept this period Hitler post card on consignment for their next sale?

It's self authenticating you know.

I wonder what their sales estimate would be? $500-$800?

Last edited by W Petz; 01-19-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Postscard

I have a card just like that but mine right above the u-boot also has a signature of Rommel and it matches exactly some of my other Rommel cards!

A wonderful find!

Comment

Maybe some of Snyder's inventory Treasures will show up....possibly Eva's undies?

Originally posted by mac-apple View Post
                  Bill,

Just hurry up , and have your next auction!!! I need top dollar for the goods I sent you.. Don't worry about the bums at Regency, they will be bankrupt ,and out of business just like Pioneer auctions eventually... I hear Regency will be selling some Hair from AH's mustache in the upcoming auction... Yahoo news front page just like the gold train in Poland

Comment

Yes, so many fakes from Hitler, Himmler,Göring,Sepp Dietrich and more in this auction house .

Comment

My favorite piece in the auction - just incredible. An "approved, Kosher" paint scraper.

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/...DrBIE-Z1CXNln9

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                        I have a card just like that but mine right above the u-boot also has a signature of Rommel and it matches exactly some of my other Rommel cards!

A wonderful find!
                        ahah nice one

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

ahah Bill this is the one i sent to Mike, you are right this is the "best of show" item.
                          At least there is no typo in "Auschwitz Birkenau".

I love the irony of the last word : "fine."

See You

Vince
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 01-19-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                            Hi,

ahah Bill this is the one i sent to Mike, you are right this is the "best of show" item.
                            At least there is no typo in "Auschwitz Birkenau".

I love the irony of the last word : "fine."

See You

Vince

Vince ,

All these fakes come from 1 guy named Vik, and he's in Canada... He used to have the site Jewishmemory.info or something like that .. He must of had 1k pieces on his website from every camp imaginable... Total rubbish!!! He even had the balls to show off the pieces he donated to Schools... Below is a video of his Garbage !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q-QvueK3Ag

Comment

Hi,

oh yes i remember this "amazing" website...

The best item was the "Einsatztruppen" armband.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X