HORRENDOUS! Regency Superior Auction January 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    If there is a group of people who are growing old faster and dying out than militaria collectors it's stamp collectors.
    Funny you should mention this, I saw an ad in my local paper last week from a collector seeking stamps and my first thought was 'oh, people still collect those'?
    Not really funny though because once the word really hits all of us, our ww2 collections will drop in value like German marks in the 1920's...
    Eric

Comment

I still don't understand why in auctions it takes 2 or 3 months for the consignor to get paid, when the buyer has to pay in 30 days.

Comment

I still don't understand why in auctions it takes 2 or 3 months for the consignor to get paid, when the buyer has to pay in 30 days.

You and me both!!!! I consigned 4 items to Alex in the past auction , and its 60 days to get paid...

Comment

Lost in the mail?

It's been 3 weeks since I was told "The Check is in the Mail" and still no check. If Regency Superior goes under there will be only one major autograph auction company in the US that accepts TR items.

Comment

It's been 3 weeks since I was told "The Check is in the Mail" and still no check. If Regency Superior goes under there will be only one major autograph auction company in the US that accepts TR items.
            Feel bad for you bud!!! There are more than 1 auction houses that accept TR pieces.. Alex Autographs, Affiliated Auction , and I believe there are 2 more...

Comment

I'm waiting for a check from Alexander too; I wonder if other legit auction houses take 2 to 3 months to pay consignors.

Comment

I'm waiting for a check from Alexander too; I wonder if other legit auction houses take 2 to 3 months to pay consignors.

2 more Weeks , and you should get paid from Alexander... Always takes me 2 months to receive the check , and 2 months is coming up ..

Comment

Consigning with Regency Superior

Another great investment experience with Regency Superior. Paid $800 for the TR autographs; they sold for $575, after deductions promised $435, and may actually net 0.

Comment

I just heard from another major stamp dealer. He said the owner of Regency Superior is dying of cancer & they are out of business and have gone to 0 employees. It appears my chances of receiving a check in the mail are near zero.

Comment

I just heard from another major stamp dealer. He said the owner of Regency Superior is dying of cancer & they are out of business and have gone to 0 employees. It appears my chances of receiving a check in the mail are near zero.

Damn bud!!! Thats awful on all fronts!!!

Comment

It's absurd that because a owner of a auction company becomes ill, the people to whom they owe money don't get paid. I've dealt with a lot of collectible auction houses, and they are very high handed when dealing with consigners. Besides high fees and late payments, they schedule auctions months in advance, keep your items without telling you if the items don't sell, and then tell you how lucky you are to get half what you paid because the market is down.

Comment

The office in St. Louis is closed and a For Lease sign is in the window.

Comment

I'd like to know what they did with the money they took in.

Comment

There are legal steps one can take to try and recover monies owed. I wonder if they returned all unsold lots to the owners?

Comment

Hi,

outrageous situation, the guy that is dying in the hospital probably used all the money for his personal bills unfortunately...
                                The guy know that he is in bad shape, and that it will takes months if not years to get the justice into it... Far more than he may live if he is really in bad shape.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X