Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this document authentic

I need help!!!

I got this documents some years ago, but i´m wondering if this document is real or a fake?

I´ve got my doubts.
    Attached Files

close up of the stamp
    Attached Files

Comment

close up signature..........
      Attached Files

Comment

What's the stamp say "Leibstandarte SS-Adolf Hitler"?

SS Pz.Jäg.Abt. 3 was part ot Totenkopf Division, further more it is signed as a representative and not the commander....

July 1944 LAH was in Normdandy....July 1944 Totenkopf was in Bialystok......a few miles apart wouldn't you say!?!?!!!!?!?
        Last edited by Ian Jewison; 02-08-2005, 11:41 AM.
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thank you for the comment.

But it´s not the Regiment Number are you sure that it should be Totenkopf? The signature look´s to me like Rudolf Lehmannn doesn´t he became chief of staff for I.SS Panzer Korps until March 1945?

I´m not a document guy, so i don´t spent much money for documents - it comes together with other documents.

What about the stamp is it a "bad" made fake or is it good?

Comment

Units number 3 were generally Totenkopf units, Pz.Jäg.Abt. 3 was definately Totenkopf!
            The document is signed by a representative of the Regiments Commander...what Regiment is this? This is a Pz.Jäg.Abt.!!!!

I can not say it is fake, however there is a unit problem for a start!

I do not know the career history of Lehmann.....

What other documents are with it?
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

The other documents doesn´t belong to him (Hausler), so they would not be helpfull.

Lehmann was Sepp Dietrich´s primary advisor. He received the Knight Cross at the 23. February 1944 and later oakleave winner.

So if the unit is wrong, the complete document must be wrong?

Comment

As Ian said, SS-Pz.Jäg.Abt.3 was a part of TK and a few thousand miles away from the LSSAH at the time.

KVKI's were signed by divisional commander and upwards, not regimental commanders.

The unit is an abteilung and not a regiment anyway

Lehmann became Obersturmbannführer in January 1944
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you. So now i´m sure that it is time for the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogdala
                    Thank you. So now i´m sure that it is time for the trash.
                    Hello Mogdala,

Could you please say about when the document was purchased? Was it purchased in Germany from a dealer? Even though the doc is a fake it would be best kept for reference.

Regards

Comment

I got the document by a friend about 2 or 3 years ago - i can not remember what i spent but it was not much. I made a scan of the document, if you want to get the document for free send me a pm with your adress.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X