IAB signed by diamonds holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAB signed by diamonds holder.

A nice and unusual little addition to the collection today, IAB signed by later GFM, diamonds and PLM holder Ferdinand Schörner.

The unit is sicherungs kompanie, Gebirgs Korps Norwegen
    Attached Files
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Where did you buy this one? Original? It seems that this one is a fake ?
    Last edited by frankandfrank; 03-12-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

And your reason for saying that is?

His signature looks slightly different due to the wider flatter pen nib, compared to that usually seen.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
        And your reason for saying that is?

His signature looks slightly different due to the wider flatter pen nib, compared to that usually seen.
        IMO 100% original. The sig. matches other verified originals I've seen. Tom

Comment

If you compare the Schörner signature with a original signature of him you can see the different !!

Please scan the Schörner signature bigger !!

Not a original one !!

Comment

Please look at the document as a whole, not just the signature. Do you see any other issues for example?

I have several Schörner signed docs already, this one i bought because of the obscure unit, rather than the person who signed it.

To be sure the sig looks different, but that i put down to the type of pen used.

I'll post more this evening.

Comment

Simon - I think you should be careful with that Schörner signed doc. In doing the work for my book, I bought a bunch of Vorschlagslisten and Verleihungslisten from a guy in Germany. They all turned out to be fake. Luckily, I was able to get the majority of my money back (and they didn't make it in the book ). One of the things that convinced me that they were bad were a bunch of award documents he offered me as well. They all looked pretty good and all the units, dates, ranks were perfect. As I looked closer and closer - and with the help of Kevin H. - I saw that they were bad and, luckily, did not pull the trigger on the purchase. Someone in Germany is turning out some really good, fake documents - they are doing the research on the units/dates and have them right - one of the things that we typically use to determine fakes from originals.

In my opinion, these fakes are all coming from the same person and they are good....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=LAH

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=649477

See this "Spange" doc. Similar signature and from the same source...
              Attached Files

Comment

Like you, I don't judge award documents via signatures - I go by content. The Schörner signed documents I have seen are typically from his division commander days - from after the fighting in France and the fighting in Greece (40 and 41). So, I'm not aware of the way his sig changed over the course of the war. The document I posted above certainly looks like the sig has been drawn whereas yours looks much more fluid. However, the similarities are startling.

I'd love to see some later war sigs by Schörner, just to have a better basis to go by.

Comment

Posted before and just a stamp, but directly from the family:

Kind regards, Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the von Lancken a other dirty face

Comment

Simon,
                      Please listen to frankandfrank and Brian R, plus what I said in my earlier PM.
                      Max.

Comment

I'll start off with examples, some in my collection, some not.
                        Attached Files

Comment

More..
                          Attached Files

Comment

more
                            Attached Files

Comment

more..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X