Show us your motorcycle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle in mud reverse

Here's the reverse of the previous photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jon,

You are right, here the words of the reverse:

Rußland Herbst 1941
      Unsere Vormarschstraße

Regards

Bert

Comment

Motorcycle 1941

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your help in reading the reverse of my photo.

Comment

two wild and crazy guys

Here's my latest motorcycle photo. Not sure when or where it was taken. It looks to me like the driver is balancing the bike on his left leg as it doesn't look like the wheels are turning. Is this bike a BMW R12? Also, what was the significance of the number on the front wheel bumper? Is it a unit identification or merely a license plate number?
          Attached Files

Comment

two wild and crazy guys

Hey on the driver's shoulder boards, it looks like a regimental number, but I can't make out what it says.

Comment

Its a very early prewar picture as the bike still carries the old "RW" (Reichswehr) Weimar era license plates.
              The uniforms are also transitional, Reichswehr but with added 3rd Reich eagles...
              (cap eagle is the early short wing 1st pattern eagle, also proof that its a very early TR picture!)
              Most likely somewhere around 1934-1935.
              The bike is not a "R12". Its an earlier "R11" I believe... so an older model...
              The dead-give-away is the old fashioned front suspension! The door on the side car also indicates
              is an early 1930's model rig...
              Last edited by NickG; 06-25-2008, 05:10 PM.

Comment

two wild and crazy guys

Thanks Nick. What's the significance of the front bumper number? Is the bike in motion or being supported by the driver's leg do you think?

Comment

Absolutely in motion.... not sure what you mean with front bumber number...
                  There is a licence plate mounted on the front fender which is standard on all motorcycles up til 1943...In this case its the old ReichsWehr 1930's "RW" license plate, later these were switched with "WH" (Wehrmacht") coded plates!

Comment

two wild and crazy guys

Fender that's the word I was looking for. DOH! Thanks Nick. When do you think this photo was taken, about 1936-38 period? I thought it was in motion too, just couldn't be sure. I'd think doing what they're doing in the photo would be a bit dangerous, I mean the threat of tipping over and all.

Comment

hi,
                      I got a couple motorcycle photo's .
                      I wil post them later.
                      NIce Photo's By the way guys!!!

Comment

Here is a new acquisition.
                        Attached Files

Comment

great photos guys!heres a few more of mine-
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

and finally one from Afrika
                              Attached Files

Comment

a BMW with sidecar, dated 1938 in Bohemia on the back of the photo. Cheers, Torsten.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X