Incredible Color Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo ustufvorwaerts

This is for you.....another classic from the pages of Signal, one of the hard to find later issues number 18, 1944 Handschar

Ramon
    Last edited by ramon; 10-02-2008, 01:44 AM.

Comment

opening of VW plant

Vw ceramony
      Attached Files

Comment

Ek

An ek i would like in my collection
        Attached Files

Comment

Another ek I would like

I like this one alot aswell
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ramon
            Hallo ustufvorwaerts

This is for you.....another classic from the pages of Signal, one of the hard to find later issues number 18, 1944 Handschar

Ramon
            Good shot of the "blurred edge" (Rauschtarnmuster) pattern smocks. Love those Fez's.

Regards
            Johnsy

Comment

Photos

Originally posted by paddywhack
              very very nice but i think some of them maybe colourised black and white photos! certainly the rommel and the 1st ss pics are! with war time colour pics the colour is very dark and dirty! i seen ww1 pics that have been colourised and they look the same! still very nice either way! how much was the book?
              These photos have not been colourised paddy, they have been printed in both B&W and colour by publishers for the best part of 60 years. Mainly as a cost saving exercise they are printed B&W. I have see most if not all of these in various books and magazines over the last 26 years that I have been researching the German armed forces. "History of the World Wars" magazine printed back in the 1970's featured a great many of these shots in colour, and is still a good source of info as many vets wrote to the mag. explaining finer points on combat, wear of uniforms, equipment etc. I realize that colourisation is all the go these days, keep in mind though that Germany was a pioneer in colour photography, Agfa being the main contender.

Regards
              Johnsy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X