Himmlers albums found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmlers albums found?

I just got off of the phone with a friend of mine who lives down south. He answered an ad for German relics that was in a local paper, what he found when he arrived at the guys house was very impressive if true.
    It turns out that a relative of this guy had died and they had to settle the estate. When they searched the attic of the dead mans house they found an army footlocker. Inside of the footlocker they found a 98 mauser, a flag, a bunch of medals wrapped up in some kind of uniform, a sword, and three photo albums along with newspapers and loose photos.
    Looking at the albums they remembered the guys old stories that circulated around the family about him being in Himmlers house and liberating some of his belongings.
    Anyway my friend looked over the albums and he said he almost **** his pants. He said that one of the albums was of Himmler and his family in Italy on some sort of state visit to Mussolini. Many pics of famous historical sites there and of Italian dignitaries of the time. The other two albums were all military shots of famous Nazis and soldiers and SS types. A large quantity of the photos have SS stamps and many more are signed in green ink by Himmler himself. The wordings are mostly just the name of the person in the photo or some anecdotal remark.
    I asked my buddy what he thought about the items and he said he thought they were authentic. He is no expert on WW2 photos but he has a good eye for 60 year old relics.
    My first thought was to try to find out as much as I can about these items as this is just not my area. If anyone can corraborate any of the info that I currently have, than I may have to drive south and see for myself. All I really know right now is that the veteran was in the 36th div and was one of the first soldiers into this particular house. I have two photos of this house which is purported to be Himmlers. One pic shows the outside of the house and the other pic shows the inside of the house with a bunch of GI's sitting around a window looking at one of these albums. The GI who liberated these items is in the picture.
    My friend also took more pics of some of these photos from the albums layed out on a bed, he is sending them to me in the morning. He also said that he has never seen any of these pictures in print before.
    Well, what do you guys in the know think? Any information will be of help. Has anyone heard of this before, scam? Jeff
    Attached Files
    "Great hunter yes! great fisherman yes! fine figure of a man yes! that is all you need to know" Jeremiah Johnson.

Originally posted by Jeff Ashenfelter
    I just got off of the phone with a friend of mine who lives down south. He answered an ad for German relics that was in a local paper, what he found when he arrived at the guys house was very impressive if true.
    It turns out that a relative of this guy had died and they had to settle the estate. When they searched the attic of the dead mans house they found an army footlocker. Inside of the footlocker they found a 98 mauser, a flag, a bunch of medals wrapped up in some kind of uniform, a sword, and three photo albums along with newspapers and loose photos.
    Looking at the albums they remembered the guys old stories that circulated around the family about him being in Himmlers house and liberating some of his belongings.
    Anyway my friend looked over the albums and he said he almost **** his pants. He said that one of the albums was of Himmler and his family in Italy on some sort of state visit to Mussolini. Many pics of famous historical sites there and of Italian dignitaries of the time. The other two albums were all military shots of famous Nazis and soldiers and SS types. A large quantity of the photos have SS stamps and many more are signed in green ink by Himmler himself. The wordings are mostly just the name of the person in the photo or some anecdotal remark.
    I asked my buddy what he thought about the items and he said he thought they were authentic. He is no expert on WW2 photos but he has a good eye for 60 year old relics.
    My first thought was to try to find out as much as I can about these items as this is just not my area. If anyone can corraborate any of the info that I currently have, than I may have to drive south and see for myself. All I really know right now is that the veteran was in the 36th div and was one of the first soldiers into this particular house. I have two photos of this house which is purported to be Himmlers. One pic shows the outside of the house and the other pic shows the inside of the house with a bunch of GI's sitting around a window looking at one of these albums. The GI who liberated these items is in the picture.
    My friend also took more pics of some of these photos from the albums layed out on a bed, he is sending them to me in the morning. He also said that he has never seen any of these pictures in print before.
    Well, what do you guys in the know think? Any information will be of help. Has anyone heard of this before, scam? Jeff
    pic2
    Attached Files
    "Great hunter yes! great fisherman yes! fine figure of a man yes! that is all you need to know" Jeremiah Johnson.

Comment

albums

It's quite possible. I had an album in the early 80s that had been presented to Himmler that came out of the woodwork, and 2 albums belonging to Julius Streicher. They do surface from time to time. Sounds great!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Jeff

It is true that the 36th did invite themselves into Himmlers summmer home at Tegernsee and liberated all sorts of stuff, but the two photos you have posted I have seen before. I'll see if I can find them.

Jeff

Comment

I'm sort of a 36th guy, and it didn't take long. Doesn't rule out anything else within the group and certainly worth the drive. Good luck.

http://www.kwanah.com/txmilmus/36div...i/himmlers.htm
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by voodoo
            I'm sort of a 36th guy, and it didn't take long. Doesn't rule out anything else within the group and certainly worth the drive. Good luck.

http://www.kwanah.com/txmilmus/36div...i/himmlers.htm
            Jeff
            My buddy finally sent me a few pics of the loose photos that were found in one of the albums. The other albums have the pics mounted and he did not want to remove them. Any opinions? Jeff
            Attached Files

Comment

My buddy finally sent me a few pics of the loose photos that were found in one of the albums. The other albums have the pics mounted and he did not want to remove them. Any opinions? Jeff
              pic # 2
              Attached Files

Comment

pic # 2
                pic # 3
                Attached Files

Comment

pic # 3
                  pic # 4
                  Attached Files

Comment

pic # 4
                    pic # 5
                    Attached Files

Comment

pic # 5
                      pic # 6
                      Attached Files

Comment

pic # 6
                        pic # 7
                        Attached Files

Comment

pic # 7
                          pic # 8
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jeff Hi,

I am by no means the photographic expert here, but looking at the size and the photos, I am wondering if they are offical photos taken either for or of H's visits? You mentioned that a lot of the photos had stamps on them. Can you show these as they then may be identified from these.

Regards
                            Regards
                            Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Hh

My thoughts also--the albums that I had were large, hand made leather bound volumes with calligraphed captions--these may be produced in small numbers for the participants of the trips or they may have been put together for HH. I'm interested in them either way if they become available!
                              Erich
                              Originally posted by Simon W Saffin
                              Jeff Hi,

I am by no means the photographic expert here, but looking at the size and the photos, I am wondering if they are offical photos taken either for or of H's visits? You mentioned that a lot of the photos had stamps on them. Can you show these as they then may be identified from these.

Regards
                              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X