No announcement yet.

Rudolf Hoess execution - Auschwitz 1947

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic photo-story here! Great presentation. Thank you very much!

Joe

Comment

And some additional infos regarding this thread:
      this is how looks the space out of the boarder fence from where the picture was taken and where the audience could stand. Pretty large area ...... of course the good view for execution, if any, someone could have only by standing on those 10-15 meters fence width.
      Attached Files

Comment

Back to the 4 known pictures I showed before which are the only ones existing officially:

We can assume that 3 of them which are taken in close distance, they are made by the official photographer.

The fourth picture (the little one made from big distance) was taken by someone else, however I think I would be able to tell where this photographer was at that time
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marcinkappa View Post
          Back to the 4 known pictures I showed before which are the only ones existing officially:

We can assume that 3 of them which are taken in close distance, they are made by the official photographer.

The fourth picture (the little one made from big distance) was taken by someone else, however I think I would be able to tell where this photographer was at that time
          Looking at the angle of the photo, I think it more likely that the photographer was in a window on the floor below the one you marked.
          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
            Looking at the angle of the photo, I think it more likely that the photographer was in a window on the floor below the one you marked.
            Max.
            Quite possible

Comment

I recently read the book "Death Dealer: The memoirs of the SS Kommandant at Auschwitz". Thank you for taking the time to share this information and photos. A very interesting thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Glowlight View Post
                I recently read the book "Death Dealer: The memoirs of the SS Kommandant at Auschwitz". Thank you for taking the time to share this information and photos. A very interesting thread!
                I have just ordered that book (plus 5 others regarding Auschwitz history)

Comment

Interesting article about Hoess's daughter:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/secret-l...911-2tjmy.html

Jason

Comment

Thanks Jason ! Very interesting article

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X