oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there beautifull women on WW2 pics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by history1 View Post
    I didn´t knew that this thread is about movie starlets now, doubt that this was the OP´s intention.
    +1. Thread has nosedived in my view. I prefer the original, unpublished pictures of women some of whom were beautiful and some were plain. Referring to them as 'pooches' is a bit low in my view.

Comment

I'd like to remind everybody that this forum is viewable to the entire world. Kindly show a little respect for people that are or were somebody's wife, mother, grandmother or great grandmother.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
        I'd like to remind everybody that this forum is viewable to the entire world. Kindly show a little respect for people that are or were somebody's wife, mother, grandmother or great grandmother.
        Agreed, and of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Comment

Originally posted by Helden View Post
          +1. Thread has nosedived in my view. I prefer the original, unpublished pictures of women some of whom were beautiful and some were plain. Referring to them as 'pooches' is a bit low in my view.

My apologies. You are right, that was inappropriate to use that term. I did not attend to offend anyone. But I think many will agree that there are very wide standards of beauty being applied here. Somehow I didn't realize that this was a thread limited to pictures in personal collections. That is where I think I got off track (I stumbled across this thread via Tapatalk and didn't pay close attention to the forum context).

The word "beautiful" is what I was keying in on when I posted. I hope folks will not be deterred from continuing to post because of anything I've said or posted here. Again, my apologies.

Comment

Here is another for the thread. Not the best scan but she was a stunner in my view. Taken at the Berliner Funkturm 1941.

Comment

Very lucky guy. I hope they survived the war, had many healthy children, and had a wonderful life together.

Last edited by BlackWatch1; 09-03-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

These women are beautiful in my eyes

Comment

Btt!

Colliers "Photographic WWII" published 1944.

-Ray-
                  Attached Files

Comment

Lets not fight about girls. Something for everyone in this thread. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. J

Comment

Here is a soldier proud of his pinup collection...

[ATTACH]2990264[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2990266[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2990265[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2990271[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2990272[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2990283[/ATTACH]

Comment

In line with what Simon stated earlier, this thread should be showing respect to the women of all nations who bore a very heavy burden on their hearts when their men left to fight, many never coming home again. In the case of some of the eastern European and central European women that we see in these photos they could have had a fate far worse than anything we would ever wish on our worst enemies. I especially study the facial expressions of the German couples late in the war, the inside trepidation and fear is sometimes hard to hide even when their loved one was right there with them. Keep that in mind before you make a snide remark about beauty. IMO I prefer the natural unmade up beauty of German women than the Hollywood models previously shown, but I would never throw any of these ladies out of my cave.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcarver View Post
                                In line with what Simon stated earlier, this thread should be showing respect to the women of all nations who bore a very heavy burden on their hearts when their men left to fight, many never coming home again. In the case of some of the eastern European and central European women that we see in these photos they could have had a fate far worse than anything we would ever wish on our worst enemies. I especially study the facial expressions of the German couples late in the war, the inside trepidation and fear is sometimes hard to hide even when their loved one was right there with them. Keep that in mind before you make a snide remark about beauty. IMO I prefer the natural unmade up beauty of German women than the Hollywood models previously shown, but I would never throw any of these ladies out of my cave.
                                +1. Well said

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X