Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there beautifull women on WW2 pics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German beauty in her bathing suit in 1939. From my collection. I love her intense look!

Comment

Some beautiful Soviet warriors.

Comment

Well if we are grabbing stuff off the internet, here is my contribution:
        Aliya Moldagulova

A Kazakh sniper who I think is particularly beautiful, but then I am biased having a Kazakh/Kyrgyz wife

below is from Wikipedia as I am at work and don't have my own reference stuff to write a short bio from

Moldagulova was born on October 25, 1925 in Bulak, Kazakhstan. She lost her parents during her childhood and was living with her uncle in Alma-Ata. By 1935 she moved to Leningrad where her uncle was enrolled into a Military-transport academy. In fall of 1939 she was sent to the orphanage from which she was evacuated when the war began in 1942 via Ladoga Lake. On October 1 of the same year Moldagulova got a scholarship at Rybinsk Aviatechnical School. After studying there for three months she filed a waiver to join the Red Army. In May 1943 she was enrolled into Central female school where she was trained as a sniper. In July 1943 she joined the 54th shooting brigade with her girlfriends. In January 1944 her brigade ambushed Germans at the Novosokolniki—Dno railway. Later on, she realized that the commander is missing, and assumed command. On top of her lungs she shouted: «For the Native land! Let`s go!» and the whole battalion jumped into German tranches. Aliya was hit by a land mine blast which happened during hand to hand combat, but she got only a splinter on her hand. Despite the wound, she bravely fought off the enemy officers, but she was wounded again and this time the wound was a mortal one. She died from a gunshot wound that day and was awarded Hero of the Soviet Union badge on June 4, 1944 and Order of Lenin. Her burial can be found in Monakovo, Pskov.
        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Anieta, a local french Girl in a 101st Airborne uniform.

Anieta, the local French girl next door.

Wearing a borrowed uniform from a 101st Airborne solider.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great thread! War and love - magnificent mixture

Comment

My grandmother in 1941. She was a member of the resistance in the Netherlands - province South Holland.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Harvest season ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tmca05 View Post
                        Anieta, the local French girl next door.

Wearing a borrowed uniform from a 101st Airborne solider.
                        Seems to be the anglizised form of the original french first name "ANNETTE"?

Comment

Or perhaps a phonetic spelling of Agnetta?
                          Kerry.

Comment

Pretty nurse.

Cheers,
                            Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting Finnish girl portraits

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X