EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there beautifull women on WW2 pics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gnadenlose View Post
    This is how we Estonians looked like....
    She is very nice

Comment

I think shes a beauty....
      Attached Files

Comment

same women...
        Attached Files

Comment

Great looking ladies

Comment

Originally posted by zbv500 View Post
            Wow she is absolutely stunning. She reminds me of the actress Ione Skye a bit.

Comment

Me too, thanks for showing. Any name attached?
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Naa

Originally posted by female service View Post
                could be

Tierney, Gene

i think this describes it
                The war-time organization known as the Naval Aid Auxiliary set up a series of stations across the country that acted like the many "canteens" that would provide entertainments and temporary housing for servicemen and sailors in the middle of their transfer from one location to another. Continuing War Bond and Stamp drives, regular print ads and newsreels, patriotic posters everyw you looked, these and more kept the dollars flowing to the benefit of the nation's cause. But as the nation had less to give, special promotions were sometimes deemed necessary to generate even more money from our nation's exhausted and financially strained population. The NAA received a lot of their much-needed funding from public donations, much of which was raised by hundreds of Hollywood's brightest through personal appearances across the land. Since the heads of NAA had access to these stars, someone eventually came up with the idea of selling the autographs of these stars to a ready public, as a fund raiser. In 1943-1944 the NAA had signed up almost 200 celebrities who had already dedicated hundreds of hours working in the stations but were still willing to pen their autographs on specially prepared signature cards that the NAA provided. This promotion was advertised and a full list of available signers was sent out to anyone who ordered from the ad for just 25 cents!

Rita Hayworth was also in NAA
                I don't think that it was Gene Tierney, but she looks very close to that great actress. Whoever she was, she could have been some Hollywood starlet. At any rate, she was a gorgeous woman by anyone's standard. Thanks for the explanation of what the NAA was.

John

Comment

pretty lady

same women...

Hi what a beautiful young lady. What branch of the service was she with?

Comment

Ladies

ZBV 500 and gnadenlose,

Well Done ! Pretty Girls !

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                      I don't think that it was Gene Tierney, but she looks very close to that great actress. Whoever she was, she could have been some Hollywood starlet. At any rate, she was a gorgeous woman by anyone's standard. Thanks for the explanation of what the NAA was.

John
                      I think it is Gene Tierney
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yep

Spent more time than I should have the last couple days researching this photo. Its absolutely Gene Teirney.

Comment

Gene Tierney

Hi,

So you believe the lady in photo number 422, is Gene Tierney? Sorry, but I don't think it is. The woman in pic 437, is of course the late,great and gorgeous Gene Tierney.

Comment

Gene Tierney

I've been in contact with the facilitators of her official website. They confirmed it. She was pregnant at the time the photo was taken, early 1943. there is a lot of other additional info on her service, the Hollywood Canteen for servicemen etc. But I dont know if its appropriate to share it all here. Maybe in the US Forum.

Comment

Here are some more babes of WW2 .

These are all from a private set of pictures from USO shows in the China India Burma theatre.

Carol Landes

Comment

Frances Langford :

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X