My new Armelband Kreta doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
    Both men from GJ Rgt 100, documents signed on same day, then the third one added with Dezember spelled out instead of the number 12 being used? why the different stamps as Jager and Regiment is spelled out on one stamp and Jäg. Rgt. is on the other stamp! just a question? just seems odd to me?

Kevin

Just an observation, the date you see on an award doc is not necessarily the date it was made out, in particular for mass awards rendered to all those who qualified from a whole unit. A good example of this is the ostmedaille award. The date can indicate the date the award was granted in unit orders, the actual document could be filled out much later.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I spent a lot of time (and money) to the study of these documents, especially on my favorite 100GJR, who know Russian or how to use Google translate can look here:

http://ak-group.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=3936

and continue to assert that the document from the beginning of a suspicious subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
        This is a tough one. I can't give a definitive opinion one way or the other. For the record, however, the one that is shown in Forman's document book looks very much like the one Dobri posted - same stamp and the signature very much looks the same.

These are pretty rare citations so it pays to be skeptical.
        You are right Brian, the document in Forman's book is genuine.

My:

MB:

Forman's:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X