Post your odd, funny, or just visually appealing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, so it's a guess.

"Having fun, drinking" is not impossible, but less likely IMO. It'll be fun if you give it a try to find a story. For example, one of the shoulder boards appears to read 70. I could not find a matching RK soldier from IR70 in the database so maybe a different decoration. Of course, lesser awards are really tough ( even RK is sometimes not easy) but that's where this hobby's joy grows.

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
    Hi Akira,

'I wonder what makes you think that he is a wishful thinker.'

Well Akira, the guy is wearing a made up medal that gives the appearance of an RK. The guys are holding what appear to be wine bottles. So I feel they all got drunk and decided to have some fun at the one soldats expense. I don't know if they're from Infantrie Regiment 70 or not.

Comment

Rk

Since I couldn't see an EKI on his uniform and knowing that would be a prerequisite for an RK, I felt that the soldiers were just clowning around for some reason. Why did you feel that they weren't? Also, why don't you think it likely they were having fun drinking? They are holding what appear to be wine bottles to me, so it sure looks like they're having a good time to me.

Comment

Probably soldiers are from an artillery unit. Notice General Assault Badges.

Comment

My guess is Pioniere. The regimental numbers look to me as if they'd be black in a color photograph.

Comment

Opinions

Hi Anil, Brendan,

Thanks for your thoughts. What do you think of what's going on in the photos? Are these guys drinking and having a good time, or something else? I thought they were clowning around with the fake RK looking 'medal' around the guys neck.

Comment

[ATTACH]1396371[/ATTACH]

Comment

really did get the RK?

nt

Comment

theory

Couldn't these guys be celebrating that the soldier with the fake RK had in fact been awarded a real RK but was still waiting to receive the actual award?

Comment

hurry up!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

little and large
                      Attached Files

Comment

proper marching
                        Attached Files

Comment

Rk

Originally posted by johnny_ola2000 View Post
                          Couldn't these guys be celebrating that the soldier with the fake RK had in fact been awarded a real RK but was still waiting to receive the actual award?
                          Hi Johnny,

I doubt that because in order to receive the RK, one had to received both the EKII and the EKI. He doesn't have the EKI on his uniform. He may have the EKII, but we'll never know as the fake RK covers the area of the uniform where that awards ribbon would be. So unless someone recognizes him as an RK winner, I'm going to have to believe these guys were just having a good time.

Comment

Here a few of mine:

Guy turned his greatcoat and hat the other side out while his 2 buddy´s poke him:

Soldier rips his pants while a friend is laughing (you can see his white long underwear):

Some LW soldiers at training with their helmets wrong:

Some young soldiers (luftschutz? at least an luftschutz helmet in front):

Wo1 soldier fel down:

Polizei unit training with a funny guy on the right:

Soldier rides a lion statue in Mariemont (France):

Soldiers dressed up:
                            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

SS Fisher men

Comment

Elite Storm troopers ? had I been a Tommy in WW2 , 014.jpg I would have ran away from these guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X