No announcement yet.

Need help with U-boat ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the feedback.....all of you over 600 viewers.

Your assistance and input is legendary!

Comment

So sorry

I wil remember not to view your posts in the future...just to make sure I don't offend you by not knowing anything about a specific German Uboat in WWII.

Comment

I don't understand the frustration in this thread. If people can't help they can't help. Isn't that simple? And if people can't help, than why should all 600 viewers post "I can't help you". You don't get any further with your research either. Just the thread will be filled with useless pages with comments of people saying they don't know. I would say take it as it is and accept it and don't be frustrated about it. Doesn't bring you anywhere

And good luck with your research! It's a very nice photo of a U-Boot!

Comment

I did not know you have to know everything when you take a look at a certin thread. Myself just find it interesting to take a look at threads even though I know nothing of the subject. When I look at your attitude , apparently you can only watch to your threads if you have knowledge of the subject.
          I will in the future no longer watching you threads, not because I do not find them interesting but becaus your attitude to others

Comment

I must concur. It is a neat pic of a U-Boot. But I KNOW NOTHING ELSE ABOUT IT. Sorry.
            Wilhelm

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Craig View Post

Well Thomas,

from the image you provided, i'm sorry but i just cannot make out any detail on the boat that would help me in identifying it.

Regards,Martin.
              Last edited by Martin W; 08-31-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I know that identifying the boats in these old photos are tough. It is a hobby of mine and will continue to be one. No, I don't want over 600 negative replies and I certainly want to thank those of you with positive replies. I appreciate it. However, a few posts back I threw out a theory and was hoping someone at some time might come along and give me another clue or an idea to follow up on. For instance, I asked if anyone knew if the white flags flown from bow to stern meant anything specifically?......a school boat on its graduating voyage for instance. I also asked about the type of boat. I THINK it is a IXB. I just would have thought someone would have commented on that. I am not expecting someone to tell me "Hey..I know that is U-107 " or whatever.

Anyway...I am sorry some of you feel that my posts are negative. I am not trying to be negative but I am disappointed. Maybe someone can suggest a different forum that deals more with the German Navy where I can post and communicate with folks who share similar interests.

I tried asking for input once before with some other photos and never had much luck either. I will try to find information somewhere else in the future.

Thanks

Comment

That's what I said in my post, try a U-Boat forum!

http://www.ubootwaffe.net/forum/
                  http://uboat.net/forums/

/Ian
                  Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I found out the ID of the boat. Thanks all!

Comment

A really cool photo! Wow!

Comment

So, after all this, are you going to tell us which U-Boot it is?
                        Wilhelm

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Craig View Post

Dude, you need to chill......

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X