RK Document translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Document translation

Could some good soldier from the Fatherland please translate the following for me.It appears on a RK winners statement of service from "Der Bundesminister fur Verteidigung" and is dated 27 June 1957.

Vorschlag eingegangen: 25.3.1945
    Vorschlag weitergereicht: 30.3.1945
    Vorschlag befurwortet: ja

Das Ritterkreuz verliehen am: 5.4.1945

Vorl.Bes.Zeugn.u.Ausz.ab am 11.4.1945 an:H.Gr.G

I appreciate it that the first three lines relate to the progression up the line of his award recommendation but the abbreviated last line has me stumped.The dates of the award progression are interesting as he was captured by the Americans on 26.3.1945....the award ceremony must have been an interesting one!Thanks for your help.
    Mike Downey (Australia)

Hello Mike.

The fourth line indicates that the K.C. was bestowed with date of 5.Apr.1945.

Now the abbreviations, line 5 ( which are frequently encountered in smilar faschion):

Vorlaeufiges Besitzzeugnis und Auszeichnung ab am 11.4.1945 an Heeresgruppe G.

Or in English for those among us who would also like a translation:

Preliminary Certificate of ownership and the decoration sent on 11.April 1945 to Army Group G.
    Bernhard H.Holst

Comment

Thank you very much Bernhard....I'll buy you a beer next time you come Down Under.Kind Regards.
      Mike Downey

Originally posted by bhholst
      Hello Mike.

The fourth line indicates that the K.C. was bestowed with date of 5.Apr.1945.

Now the abbreviations, line 5 ( which are frequently encountered in smilar faschion):

Vorlaeufiges Besitzzeugnis und Auszeichnung ab am 11.4.1945 an Heeresgruppe G.

Or in English for those among us who would also like a translation:

Preliminary Certificate of ownership and the decoration sent on 11.April 1945 to Army Group G.
      Bernhard H.Holst

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X