No announcement yet.

Most expensive sterbebild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not always easy to say why certain deathcards can reach really high prices and others just a few euros. In this case it's probably the unit he served in or, like you say, the uncommon last name.

I've seen the same Sterbebild sold once for 7 euros and once for 95 euros. It really depends on which collectors are following the auction and what they're interested in. That's why it's so hard to determine the value of deathcards.

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
      This very ordinary death card (he died 200 km south of Rimini but I offered 3,5 euro for the interesting 44 HUD division) but now I realized that it was sold for 72,51 € and ten offers! the reason is the last name? Osrael (Israel?)
      Perhaps his unit? I've seen some people focus on that particular one.

Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Think of it from the sellers perspective. I'm sure he does not find E300 a crazy amount

That being said, I know that there have been a few things that I "had to have" for my collection. For nearly 20 years, I collected ONLY items of the 139th Airborne Engineer Battalion. There were thousands of US battalion in ww2 and I decided to collect from only one. Rarely did something come up from the unit, and when it did, failure to bid would mean the item would never see the light of day again, So I bid more than the item was worth.

I was lucky many times there were not other collectors of 139th stuff. I hope the buyer is equally happy.

Comment

At the last Ulm show the was a dealer who had 70 death cards from the same knights cross winner and he wants only 330 US $ - 300 Euro.
          But to much death cards!

Comment

This is another record, I think (but as request) a very important ship and a beautiful photo: "Sofort-Kaufen" EUR 235,00 (as a nice soldbuch)
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by D_Dutch View Post
              Quite a while ago there was also a death care of Engelbert Endraß, which was on Ebay.de for €800,-. I have no idea however if it was sold.

Edit: After searching on Google a bit I found this. A Buy it Now price of (converted from AU to Euro's) €902,-...

True it went for € 900 to someone
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post

TK, your a very sensible man. Have you never been emotional over an item as opposed to an investment?

Regards,
                Chris.
                This is the most sensible comment on the thread,i 100% agree Chris it is all about the love....Money driven people drive me bananas

Ross

Comment

I bet just over a tenth of the sales result ... very interesting sterbebild for Villagrappa (battle of Forli) and for the Werfer leutnant...... won at 185 euros, due to the important surname, correct? son or relative of General Leo Geyr von Schweppenburg?
                  Attached Files

Comment

He was born in a very special place: Müddersheim (castle?).

fell in Villagrappa on November 12 .. the Germans retire from Forli, the city of the Duce on November 9th after a month of fierce resistance ... buried in the back in the cemetery of Cotignola, South of Lugo...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dear friend

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geyr_(...ng_Duncker.jpg

Cari saluti
                      Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post

Many thanks my friend.
                        Un abbraccio Oriano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X