X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most expensive sterbebild!

I think the highest price paid for a sterbebild: 301 euros

http://www.ebay.it/itm/180799670689?...84.m1438.l2649

Turneretscher Fidelius, born 19 Jann. 1914 Untermoi (Antermoia di San Martino in Badia - Bolzano-Bozen)

He is a soldier of the III battalion of the SS-Polizeiregiment Bozen killed with 32 of his comrades during the attemp in Rome in Via Rasella the 23th march 1944, wich which followed the massacre of the Fosse Ardeatine (335 death)...
    Last edited by mufasa; 01-29-2012, 05:22 AM.

Just insane.
    He will be never ever able to sell for that amount again.
    Such Sterbebilder were printed in thousands copies, so, it's very likely, like has happened in the past again, that another one will surface and sell for much less.

I've seen few others of them (3), and they went for around 50\80 EUR, 300 is just nonsense, very likely a typical Ebay last seconds mistake: on Ebay Italy one of them was left unsold for months at 50 EUR.
    Just not a good investement IMHO.

Comment

Just insane!!

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
        Just insane!!
        Personally, since nowadays the prices of the average TR militaria items are actually going down, I think it's just mad to pay such amount of money for a Death Card that it's maybe worth 30\40 EUR.
        And again, several copies of that one are around, so, ridicolous.
        If I was the fella I would actually turn my bid down.

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
          I think the highest price paid for a sterbebild: 301 euros
          It won't be the highest price for long if the seller gets his asking price for this one:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250980811...#ht_510wt_1394

He wants USD $600 with a Buy It Now option!

- - -
          Attached Files

Comment

600 bucks for a Death Card?
            This man is a joke.

Inflation such items this way will blow up the market, you'll see, it has already happened with other items.

Comment

Quite a while ago there was also a death care of Engelbert Endraß, which was on Ebay.de for €800,-. I have no idea however if it was sold.

Edit: After searching on Google a bit I found this. A Buy it Now price of (converted from AU to Euro's) €902,-...

Last edited by D_Dutch; 01-29-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hello.

Just to balance things, we clearly have an intrest in WW2 and the Third Reich.

If your intrest became polizei battalions, and then polizei battalions in Italy and then the polizei battalions in the Rome massacre?

This would be ideal.

Especially if you'd missed one previously.

Many of us would have this amount of money as a monthly disposable income.

I wouldn't pay this amount, but if it was something I was after, who knows? I've certainly been there. And will be again.

TK, your a very sensible man. Have you never been emotional over an item as opposed to an investment?

Regards,
                Chris.

Comment

Some people wouldn't pay $200,000 for a car. Or $500 for a bottle of wine. Or $300 for a shirt. Or $2,000,000 for a painting. Or $300 for a sterbebild. Does that make those that do wrong or insane? Nope. Just means those that do have different priorities.

Why criticize them? Just realize different strokes for different folks.

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                    Some people wouldn't pay $200,000 for a car. Or $500 for a bottle of wine. Or $300 for a shirt. Or $2,000,000 for a painting. Or $300 for a sterbebild. Does that make those that do wrong or insane? Nope. Just means those that do have different priorities.

best
                    Hank

Comment

best
                      Hank

Kev

Comment

best
                        Hank

When I was working in Stuttgart my boss used to tease me about buying clothes (3rd Reich uniforms) for big money that I never had any intention of wearing. He thought I was nuts. Its all a matter of perspective. I've bid some healthy prices for Sterbebilder that I found especially interesting and luckily I was the only one THAT interested in it or it would have cost me far more.

That is what amuses me about that TV show REAL DEAL, when the seller turns down the pickers low ball offer and says "all I need is one person in the bidder gallery who knows what this thing is worth". Truth is, he needs minimum two people who know what it is, have the desire to buy and the money to pay for it. One such bidder just gets a great deal!

Cheers, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
                          It went for €301, so that means two people were crazy enough to pay €300 for it. I'd say contless auctions go by were a buyer will bid €200 or €300 for an item but will end up only paying €20...

You just need two barley sane people in the same auction for the prices to go crazy!
                          In this particular case the winning bidder had bid the price up to 251 euro an hour before the auction closed. The #2 bidder then bid 300 in the last moment thinking he'd get it for sure but he still knew he'd pay a minimum of 252 Euro which tells me he wanted it pretty badly and had no concept of picking it off cheap. The high bidder was watching it finish too and outbid him 7 seconds later.

I predict this card will soon hit ebay again but likely will bring a fraction of the 300. This is just one of those perfect storms that Sterbebild dealers on Ebay dream about. If there were 7 or 8 guys bidding like this I'd have to think this thing is pretty special but this is just two guys who really know their police units and have the bucks to back it up.

Cheers, Bill

Comment

Just insane.
                            He will be never ever able to sell for that amount again.
                            Such Sterbebilder were printed in thousands copies, so, it's very likely, like has happened in the past again, that another one will surface and sell for much less.
                            Sterbebilder were not printed 'in thousands'. In most situations a few dozen of them were made. A lot of them vanished or were thrown away during the decades after the war. Sometimes a whole lot surfaces, but most Sterbebilder only have a few copies left.

Inflation such items this way will blow up the market, you'll see, it has already happened with other items.
                            I'm pretty sure this will not happen with deathcards. Deathcards are 'unique' items. Not one card is the same as another. Bayonets, visorcaps, medals etc. do also have differences, but those are much smaller.

The most expensive Sterbebild I've seen is this Untersturmführer.

Comment

This very ordinary death card (he died 200 km south of Rimini but I offered 3,5 euro for the interesting 44 HUD division) but now I realized that it was sold for 72,51 € and ten offers! the reason is the last name? Osrael (Israel?)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X