Show your stalingrad related urkunde's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread!

First a bwb doc from a member of IR.267, 94.ID wounded on 22.09.1942 during the attack on the grain silo in Southern Stalingrad,

Bwb doc from a member of IR.546, 389.ID wounded on 06.09.1942. I haven't been able to pin point where this unit was at that time, help would be very much appreciated!

Bwb doc from IR.518 of the famous 295.ID. This division was known for always being the tip of the spear. He was wounded on 20.10.1942. There is a very good book about this division but I haven't been able to buy this one yet. This Obgefreiten was also awarded the GAB in november at Stalingrad.

Thanks for looking,

Mats
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M3A1Mats View Post
      Bwb doc from a member of IR.546, 389.ID wounded on 06.09.1942. I haven't been able to pin point where this unit was at that time, help would be very much appreciated!
      Hi Mats - According to French Maclean's Stalingrad volumes, 389. ID "... attacked east in zone from the Konnaia Rail Station toward Gorodishche, gaining three miles and collapsing the defenses of the 399th Rifle Division and the 189th Tank Brigade".

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
        Hi Mats - According to French Maclean's Stalingrad volumes, 389. ID "... attacked east in zone from the Konnaia Rail Station toward Gorodishche, gaining three miles and collapsing the defenses of the 399th Rifle Division and the 189th Tank Brigade".
        Thank you Brian! Will try to pick up those books,

Mats

Comment

Originally posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
          Hi all

It's been a while since I posted on this thread but thought I would show you a recent Stalingrad related Urkunde.

It is to a soldier in the Medical Troops, Inf Rgt 670 and part of the 371st Infantry Division who at the time the document was signed were attacking in a North Easterly direction to the south of Stalingrad. They were in support of the 14th Panzer Division.

Its signed by General Richard Stempel which in my experience is a seldom seen signature especially dated around the time of the Stalingrad attack. Sadly its told he committed suicide on the 26/1/43 as the Stalingrad pocket was in a state of collapse.

Darren
          Here another one very similar to the one already posted, note the text is also very faint on this one + handwritten signature,

Sorry for the bad scan and the covered parts,

Mats
          Attached Files

Comment

Final two I'll be sharing

A GAB awarded to a member of Panzer Regiment 36, 14.PD. Signed by General Major Ferdinand Heim.

IAB awarded to the same soldier as I've already shown for 295.ID. Wasn't able to find out who signed it.

Thanks for looking,

Mats
            Attached Files

Comment

I have this set. Planed for estand
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
                I have this set. Planed for estand
                Nice group but not Stalingrad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X