• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BWB
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi all

I though I would share a recent purchase for a modest Black Wound Badge Urkunde to Corporal Richard Deckert of Kradshutz Bat 53, part of 3rd Infantry Division ( mot )

Its dated 27th Aug 1942. On this day the Russians en masse attacked the boundary between the 3rd Inf Div and the 16th Panzer Div around Orlovka which is around 20 miles north of Stalingrad city centre. The 3rd Infantry Division was holding the northern flank at the time.

All the best, Darren.
      Attached Files

Comment

The date on this document amazing. The regiment was nearly destroyed near Dmitrievka in this days. In a two weeks all 3 ID (mot) ceased to exist.

Comment

Another battle dated group I thought I would share.

A group of Urkunde to Obergefreiten Herbert Wiessner of Infantry Regiment 267. The unit was part of the 94th Infantry Division that was destroyed at Stalingrad. Included is his EK2 Urkunde which is hand signed by Knights Cross and DKIG winner General der Artillerie Georg Pfeiffer.

General Pfeiffer was very lucky to be flown out of the Stalingrad pocket on 11th December 1942 to start the refit of the new 94th Infantry Division in January 1943.

On the date the EK2 was signed the 44th Infantry Division had established security positions on the Don River 50 miles northwest of Stalingrad by a town called Sirotinskaya where the Russians were able to maintain a bridgehead on the southern side of the Don River.

When the 6th Army was surrounded in November 1942 the Division headed towards the city and their eventual doom.

Herbert Wiessner's fate is unknown although there is a person of his name listed on the Volksbund with a KIA date of January 1st 1943 and buried at Stalingrad.

There is also Herbert's IAB Urkunde which is hand signed by DKIG winner Colonel Erich Reimann . Any more information on Colonel Reimann would be welcome.

Darren
          Attached Files

Comment

Some very interesting docs and signatures

Comment

Originally posted by skvorin View Post
              The date on this document amazing. The regiment was nearly destroyed near Dmitrievka in this days. In a two weeks all 3 ID (mot) ceased to exist.
              Is that FpNr on the stamp 31499? If so the only listing for that number in the database is for a Luftwaffe unit - 3./JG-2.

Comment

Fpn 27825

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Stab I Infanterie-Regiment 29,

(28.4.1940-14.9.1940) Stab I u. 1.-4. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 29,

(10.2.1943-23.8.1943) Stab I u. 1.-4. Kompanie Grenadier-Regiment (mot.) 29, u.
                gestrichen (Stalingrad),

(6.4.1944-9.11.1944) 31.7.1944 Stab II u. 5.-8. Kompanie Grenadier-Regiment

Russ

www.fireonthevolga.com

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                  Is that FpNr on the stamp 31499? If so the only listing for that number in the database is for a Luftwaffe unit - 3./JG-2.
                  I tried to find who owned this Fp. number in January 1943, but unsuccessfully. Short discussion (in Russian) here http://ak-group.ru/forum/showthread....near#post91111

Comment

Originally posted by skvorin View Post
                    I tried to find who owned this Fp. number in January 1943, but unsuccessfully. Short discussion (in Russian) here http://ak-group.ru/forum/showthread....near#post91111
                    Although the database is incomplete there is a good chance that the FpNr still belonged to 3./JG-2 which would point towards the citation being a fake. Trying to identify the signature would be a big step in determining for sure.

Comment

here is a PAB justification for a soldier who was in the 24 th Pz Div and was able to escape the encirclement and was then used in various Kampfgruppen
                      Attached Files

Comment

the PAB document
                        Attached Files

Comment

the hand written Kampfgruppe verifications
                          Attached Files

Comment

the Stalingrad entries in his Wehrpass. It is interesting in that he was later trained on the Panther and his section was used in Normandy, Arnheim and later in the attempt to free Budapest.

He was able to escape the encirclement of Stalingrad by pure luck. On the day the ring closed he was in the process of taking a Pz III for repair outside of the city (he was in the Pz Werkstatt Kp.). He stated that all hell broke loose and he was immediately put into action. He survived the war and was never even wounded.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A lovely Wehrpass, thanks for showing

Darren

Comment

Here is a new Urkunde I managed to get for a great price and thought I would show it to you all.

A simple KVK with Swords to an Unteroffizier in the Pioneers. What makes it special is its dated 22/11/1942 which is the day before the Russian pincer attack surrounded the German 6th Army at Stalingrad. The 76th Infantry Division at this time were stationed north west of Stalingrad and as the pocket was formed they steadily retreated towards the city until its destruction.

It's hand signed by General Carl Rodenburg which in my experience is very seldom signature to see.

Rodenburg was awarded the DKIG in early 1942 as well as the Knights Cross and KC with Oak leaves both inside the Stalingrad Pocket. He was captured by the Russians and held until 1955.

Its looks like Alfred perished at Stalingrad and is buried at the Rossoshka Cemetry.

Darren
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X