• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
      Nice set Simon. I really like the Ehren-Urkunde, never seen one before.

I've got quite a few documents groups to 295.Inf.Div. soldiers, as well as a couple of albums. If a 295.Inf.Div. soldier survived Stalingrad, he generally rode out the rest of the war in Norway. The division was definitely the luckiest reformed Stalingrad division: about half of the others fought in Italy, and almost all of them went back to Russia again in 1943-1944.
      Here's a photo of one of those 295 ID survivors in Norway taken during the summer of '45, note the de-nazified IAB and belt buckle.
      Attached Files
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Some Stalingrad related Urkunden. Some have been seen and some have not, but all are presented in a new format. I hope to add more in the future, and will be adding others from other parts of the war as time permits. You'll see that the pages still need a little tweaking - something I will tackle in the coming days.

http://kleinekillpress.com/stalingrad.html

Comment

Nice work Brian!

Jason

Comment

is 11PD in/around stalingrad?

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerElite View Post
              is 11PD in/around stalingrad?
              11. Panzer-Division was sent to the area to take part in the Stalingrad relief effort but was put in the line at the Chir to combat the Soviet Offensive against Armeeabteilung Hollidt. It had just arrived in the area and was one of the best equipped formations. Soviet pressure in the area, however, forced 11. PD in an alternative role - a factor that contributed to Operation Winter Storm's ultimate failure.

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                Nice work Brian!

Jason
                Thanks, Jason. I have a few other Stalingrad related citations but, they are either already in the "documents" book, or I'm saving them for another project. I look forward to doing other parts of the war on the site too - I'd love to expand it in the same spirit of Chris' awesome Kaiserscross.com website.

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
                  Hi. This is my contribution to this thread. Feldwebel Augustin was assigned to the 64 PGR and wounded in Stalingrad in October 1942. I was lucky to get his IDs, paperwork and medals. Here is his wound badge, EK1 and EK2. The EK2 was signed by Hube.
                  This is a great set and I wish it was mine. I have an EK1 document from Panzer-Regiment 2 dated April 20, 1943 - it is signed by Sieckenius while the division was reforming in France. I had always assumed it was for earlier actions in Stalingrad and your set basically proves it. Very nice and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
                    Here is a new Urkunde I managed to get for a great price and thought I would show it to you all.

A simple KVK with Swords to an Unteroffizier in the Pioneers. What makes it special is its dated 22/11/1942 which is the day before the Russian pincer attack surrounded the German 6th Army at Stalingrad. The 76th Infantry Division at this time were stationed north west of Stalingrad and as the pocket was formed they steadily retreated towards the city until its destruction.

It's hand signed by General Carl Rodenburg which in my experience is very seldom signature to see.

Rodenburg was awarded the DKIG in early 1942 as well as the Knights Cross and KC with Oak leaves both inside the Stalingrad Pocket. He was captured by the Russians and held until 1955.

Its looks like Alfred perished at Stalingrad and is buried at the Rossoshka Cemetry.

Darren
                    Hello Betty,

Not sure if you still post. Noticed your document. I have several awards to the same man in the 176th pioneer one signed by Rodenburg and some by De Angelis.

Very cool!

Kevin

Comment

Thanks Kevin,
                      It would be good to see them

Darren

Comment

Hi all

It's been a while since I posted on this thread but thought I would show you a recent Stalingrad related Urkunde.

It is to a soldier in the Medical Troops, Inf Rgt 670 and part of the 371st Infantry Division who at the time the document was signed were attacking in a North Easterly direction to the south of Stalingrad. They were in support of the 14th Panzer Division.

Its signed by General Richard Stempel which in my experience is a seldom seen signature especially dated around the time of the Stalingrad attack. Sadly its told he committed suicide on the 26/1/43 as the Stalingrad pocket was in a state of collapse.

Darren
                        Attached Files

Comment

these documents are to Karl Weischer, born in 1911 and missing in Stalingrad since the 24th of December 1942.
                          Attached Files
                          I'm proud to be a sergeant in the royal dutch army

Always looking for documents from the 126. Infanterie-Division.

Comment

A great set, thanks for showing

Comment

Originally posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
                              Hi all

It's been a while since I posted on this thread but thought I would show you a recent Stalingrad related Urkunde.

It is to a soldier in the Medical Troops, Inf Rgt 670 and part of the 371st Infantry Division who at the time the document was signed were attacking in a North Easterly direction to the south of Stalingrad. They were in support of the 14th Panzer Division.

Its signed by General Richard Stempel which in my experience is a seldom seen signature especially dated around the time of the Stalingrad attack. Sadly its told he committed suicide on the 26/1/43 as the Stalingrad pocket was in a state of collapse.

Darren
                              Hi Darren , not an original issue , a later copy but EK2 authorised by the same General. Awarded during attacks in that southern section of the city (I believe).
                              Don't know if you're aware already but Stempel's last meeting with his son (an infantry leutnant) was in the Pocket. He more or less told him to try and make it out somehow as well as saying to him as a General he could not possibly surrender and that he would see him later on where all brave soldiers go , then saluted him.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Hofstetter; 10-12-2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

although it took many kilometers before stalingrad, the signature on this ISA certificate, it is from another officer captured in Stalingrad : Oberst Arthur Boje commanding the Grenadier Regiment 134, captured by Soviets in 1943 after the fall of Stalingrad and released after 14 years, in 1956 .... the photo of Boje near Stalingrad is from "Die 44 Infanterie Division" Dorfler Ed.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X