X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book translation

This is what the posted book says, I translate from German to English:

Antrag auf Aushändigung der NKiG durch den Führer wurde von HPA/P5, 1. Staffel abgelehnt, da vor 01-12-1942 höchstens 15 Nahkampftage angerechnet werden dürfen. Eine Ergänzung der Aufstellung sei erforderlich.

Translate:

Offer for awarding the NKiG by the führer is due HPA / P5,1 Staffel rejected, while before 01-12-1942 highly 15 Nahkampftage count. A addition of the list is necessary.

Says enough imo, as mentioned in all the postings, Viehmann did not have the criteria for awarding the NKiG. The HPA asked for addition of the list to proof them he reach the criteria for the NKiG. That is also based on the showed document from april 1945.
    So did Viehmann receive in April 1945 or early may 1945 his NKiG? This answer lays in history, somewhere in Germany in 1945.To proof it I think we need his soldbuch, wehrpass or verleihungsurkunde / vorlaufige besitzzeugnis what states his award of the NKiG.

What is the opinion of other forummembers?

Cheers!

Comment

You're absolutely correct. This document came from an archive so will have never been in the hands of the soldier or together with any of his personal documents. What is a pity is that the mentioned attachment, which i guess was a copy of his close combat days, is not with this document.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin P View Post
        Your Skills with words Robert is Impressive, You mention having the Community's best Interests at Heart I don't Doubt this. However Ridiculing me for my Weak Crammer again!! Serves no purpose in this Discussion or the Community's Best interests, The PM Function is there for a Reason.

Justin, This is about a misleading title and description and misrepresenting the document. You are selling something that is clearly not what it is being represented as. Please stop skirting around the issue and explain to the collecting community - the people you are offering this document to - how this document is related to Viehmann receiving the CCC in gold.

Again... This document has nothing to do with those battles you claim it does, nor does it have anything to do with him being awarded/having received the Nahkampfspange in Gold. The proof is in the document itself and the scan from the book you have shown, which you apparently posted thinking it confirmed he did in fact receive the award??? Not sure why else you'd post it (???) The document has nothing to do with Nordland's involvement in the Oder battles or the Battle of Berlin, either.

Why won't you post any further documentation here in this thread? If not for the benefit of the hobby, history and research surely if you DID have some bit of info confirming Viehmann did in fact receive the CCC in gold it would be in your best interest and benefit to post that info here.

Otherwise, it's completely inaccurate to state that this document is in any way related to Viehmann receiving the CCC in gold, or for his participation in the battles you mention.

Looking forward to seeing what you have found in your three years of research.

Rob

Comment

The sales thread has now been removed and therefore i'm closing this thread as there's nothing more to say.

The owner of the document is more than welcome to create a new sales thread if he so wishes. He's now been informed what it is he actually has to avoid confusing any potential buyer.

He's also been informed that if the sale includes any relevant material that may increase the desirability\value of the document and will be included, that although he doesn't have to post that in public, he does have to make such material available to any potential buyer.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X