No announcement yet.

Balloon observer - award document -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it is 65433, but is Kannapin 100% correct? An A stamp would be correct for a stab.

The abbreviation Rgts. Is also correct.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

some extra pictures....

Comment

A tough one. Unless the fp number and this Major Weller can be identified i would advise caution.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
          I dunno......its a tough call on the numbers. VERY interesting document tho
          From what I read, it says "65433". Maybe Hank can help out on this feldpost nummer
          Sorted above

Comment

this document comes from the estate of Norbert Kannapin, who died in september 2011.

Kannapin was a writer of famous books like " Die dt. Feldpost 1939-1945 ", " Die dt. Feldpostübersicht 1939-1945 ".

I dont think he would be interested in Feldpost documents which would have been fake.

Martin

Comment

interesting detail Norbert Kannapin (former SS) shot himself at high age dead wth his P08.

Comment

That's interesting information Martin.

If i was interested in this document, i'd look into trying to identify this Major.

Comment

Interesting document.

Just to mention what probably everyone already knows. Le. Beob. Abt. (mot) 12 did use balloons.

From Lexicon;

Zeitgleich wurde ein Ballonzug aus der Ballon-Batterie 102 eingegliedert. Zuletzt stand die Abteilung beim XXXVIII. Armeekorps unter der 16. Armee in Kurland im Einsatz.

Comment

I let it go....to many ??????????? about it.

I dont have a good feeling.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                      Interesting document.

Just to mention what probably everyone already knows. Le. Beob. Abt. (mot) 12 did use balloons.

From Lexicon;

Zeitgleich wurde ein Ballonzug aus der Ballon-Batterie 102 eingegliedert. Zuletzt stand die Abteilung beim XXXVIII. Armeekorps unter der 16. Armee in Kurland im Einsatz.

Yes, and i know from two other Beob. abteilungen within my area of interest that the balloon troop was part of the 3rd battery.

I'm not sure but i believe the scale of equipment for a balloon troop was 2 balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by mdj View Post
                        this document comes from the estate of Norbert Kannapin, who died in september 2011.

Kannapin was a writer of famous books like " Die dt. Feldpost 1939-1945 ", " Die dt. Feldpostübersicht 1939-1945 ".

I dont think he would be interested in Feldpost documents which would have been fake.

Martin
                        Martin,
                        Just to play the devil's advocate, , did Kannapin have a magic shield that protected him from being duped from time to time? I'd vote "no", and just like any other collector, may have had a bad item or two.

Just saying...

Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                          Yes, and i know from two other Beob. abteilungen within my area of interest that the balloon troop was part of the 3rd battery.

I'm not sure but i believe the scale of equipment for a balloon troop was 2 balloons.

That is interesting to learn Simon.

Do you know if they were used by the XX Gebirgsarmee? If so, up until when?

Comment

Originally posted by Hankmeister View Post
                            Martin,
                            Just to play the devil's advocate, , did Kannapin have a magic shield that protected him from being duped from time to time? I'd vote "no", and just like any other collector, may have had a bad item or two.

Just saying...

Hank
                            perhaps he could not live with that thought and shot himself

martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X