Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balloon observer - award document -

A fantasy piece??

Very interesting indeed. This, i believe stands a pretty good chance, the only thing i'd like to know is the Fp number so we can see which regiment the battery or abteilung was attached to. Everything else about it as far as i can see appears correct.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I read in another thread that a guy "Kleitmann" of exactly the same unit was awarded a balloon badge on 12.12.1944!!! 2 days before the date of this document.

thanks Simon.

martin

Comment

can you get a better scan of the fp number?
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

here it is....

Comment

I think it looks "forced" aged.
            Jeff

Comment

I see what you mean Jeff, though it's also the kind of thing you see on docs that have been stuck to a board. A look at it in hand should make it pretty obvious if it's manufactured wear and stains.

I'm away from home now, what do you guys make of the fp number?

Comment

Unfortunately I'm also away from home but "Le." (caps?) and "Rgts." (which) bother me a bit.

Comment

Did German typewriters commonly lack the umlaut key for ü ?
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

German typewriters didn't lack them, but to see non-german typewriters being used is very common.

Comment

FPN

(23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 15.11.1944 Stab II u. 5.-8. Kompanie Grenadier-Regiment 331.

Comment

Could also be 65433

keine Zuteilung.

Comment

On the off chance it is either....

(8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 27.3.1944 Transport-Kolonne der Luftwaffe 152/IV.

...and 53433 is:

(8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 9.12.1943 10. Landungs-Flottille,
                          am 9.12.1943 16. Landungs-Flottillen-Kommando,
                          (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 19.1.1944 10. Landungs-Flottillen-Kommando,
                          (25.11.1944-8.5.1945) 7.2.1945 10. Landungs-Flottillen-Kommando u. 1. u. 2. Gruppe

Hank
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

NO doubt about the numbers 6, 4, 3 and 3.

In my view the second hard to read number is a "5".....

A "6" shoud have been visible, like the first "6" in row.

So, it would be 65433 ==> Keine Zuteilung......

Balloon men were a special and rare unit!!!!

But what about the looks of the paper in general??? The Wehrmacht stamp looks ok.

Martin

Comment

I dunno......its a tough call on the numbers. VERY interesting document tho
                              From what I read, it says "65433". Maybe Hank can help out on this feldpost nummer
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X