No announcement yet.

Udet Signed Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my example. Not the best condition, but an interesting 'Rundflug' airmail item.
    Attached Files

Comment

another

Here's another post KC (i.e., after July 1940, but no precise date), and similar "E" and closed loop for "U" to the 1939 one and the Sept 1940 one on the cartoon.
      Attached Files

Comment

older sig

Here's two examples of older sigs, one interestingly on the same card type as VtwinVince's and another on a cartoon.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jeremy; 09-20-2011, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Dodgy trio

This is a dubious photo with an Udet sig. It is always worth considering how, after this photo was taken and developed, that the three signatures actually could appear on the photo...hmmm

In any case, the 'Goring' and 'Milch' signatures are poor examples... makes me wonder about the Udet, therefore...
          Attached Files

Comment

Not trying to beat this subject further into the ground, but the German archives have SEVERAL wartime documents on their website and some of them IN MY OPINION really make me happy to see

Article 14 especially.

http://www.bundesarchiv.de/oeffentli...dex-12.html.de

Comment

look again

uhm, I don't see any signed ww2 documents at that site for the Udet link you posted... article 14 is from 1935, so I don't get what your point about being happy is...

translation on article 14:

'the commitment expires at 26 April 1941'

nice link in any case... there is an original von richthofen from 1914 there too

Comment

With all due respect....there is a 1941 document as well.
                I never said 14 was exactly like mine.

If you are looking for an exact match to any signature, you are not going to find it. If you want to find a signature that you can lay right over another and for it to match exactly - you have found a fake.

What are you "requiring" - a signature signed the same week as the photo was which we can only establish an approximate date for?

The evolution of a signature has to be taken into account.
                Line up as many of his dated signatures as you can find and any authentic signature should be able to be placed in sequential order without being dated.

For example, notice how the E changed from early 30 to early 1940s.
                With him you can go back to WW1 and throughout, his signature changes and actually changes gradually.

Comment

uhm, there is no Udet signed ww2 document on that link, which is what you were obviously referring to...

not sure how the rest of your post in response relates to anything I stated in my post... I say nothing about requiring anything... you were merely mistaken in your comment about several ww2 documents and none carry an Udet wartime signature to which you were clearly referring to, and I merely pointed this out to you... no big deal...

we have already agreed that their is a range of sigs for Udet over time - it's pretty obvious to anyone looking at this thread... the point is what is or isn't authentic for wartime... that is still open to discussion...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X