Udet Signed Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Udet Signed Materials

In reaction to the latest threads with signatures coming from a specific source, I offer up this Udet for reaction. I would honestly like to see what people think.

This came from that source about fifteen years ago.

Hello Steven,

For comparison, several examples can be fond here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=89752

and more here: (although I think you have already seen these)

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/pe...e-ww1-era.html

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Seems to me like he was pretty prolific with his signature. I think your example looks good.

Best regards,
      Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thought this was kind of neat: A metal cigarette container with a facsimile Udet signature inside.

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H096365.html
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I feel pretty good about this one as well.
          I did a lot of research (about a 10th of it is on the other forum) when I obtained another Udet that turned out to be fake and everything lines up on this one.
          He changed his signature a lot with the way his first and last name was written, but was consistant with doing so. Fairly easy to date his signatures.

And for the record: the facsimile signature was based on an earlier slightly post WW1 era when he was flying airshows.

The one on the blue paper was ruled out because A) the formation of the first and last name was never used together on anything deemed authentic and B) The first name style was several years after the last name style.

Another question:
          When was that card with the deckeled edges first made???
          I also have one with normal edges. I don't know enough about the cards and I am curious to learn more.
          Last edited by Steven6095; 09-12-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Mixed bag

Did a quick search and here's a mixed bag of what is on sale at the moment for comparison, Steven. I'll leave you to explore those.
            Attached Files

Comment

IMHO only..of the ones below
              I like the natural flow of the one with him standing in front of the aircraft. The rest I wouldn't bet my mortgage on.
              The only ones in the Hamilton book are pre war.
              I bet I know where the one with Moelders and Galland originated! It gets everywhere....!

pfeil
              Last edited by pfeil335; 09-13-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Here are examples of Udet signatures sold through autograph auctions. I have no opinion on whether or not they are authentic as Udet has never interested me.
                Max.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

As suspected, more from the "fantasy factory".... wake up guys!

pfeil
                    Attached Files

Comment

And this hot off the press designer clipping for sale with the normal convenient room for an artist picture......

I'll leave it up to you to individually make your own minds up, but if you miss it, don't worry I am sure there will be another along very soon....

pfeil
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jeremy - some of those ones you posted are just down right frightening....
                        I am still shaking my head at the photo like mine that seems to have an attempt at a early 1930s style signature on it..........

Those triple signed cards are odd - Udet did not have very long to sign after those were released and yet both Udet signatures look completely different.
                        Heck same goes for Galland and Molders. Sheesh..........
                        The Galland could have been signed post war, but the Molders is completely off - pen pressure is very different betwen the two.
                        Not qualified to say one is not authentic, but I am saying one is for sure not IMO.

The drawing with the flying dog - the 13/9/40 signature looks good to me. It also bears strong resemblence to the one I posted. The slant is different, but look at documents he signed after 1940 and his signature progressed to be more and more slanted and the E became tighter.

And also, for the record mine looks like the up part of the D is shaky. Actually that is just the scan going over the lighter area. It is not that way in person.

Comment

Colour

Here is another to consider - lovely card.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jeremy - that card is stunning and I fully agree it is authentic.
                            Just too early for actual comparison to mine, but does provide good insight to pressure, letter formation, etc.

I don't like that clipping one little bit, but I do see several differences between my signature and that clipping.

I am still waiting for conclusive proof one way or the other. I need a document signed between late 1940 and his death on this one IMO.
                            His signature changed too much to compare to non time period correct ones.

For what it is worth, I have had other respected dealers look at this in the past and it was all good across the board. I will not post names because I do not want to drag them into this. I beleive their evaluations were done in complete good faith.

I will add this: If this is fake and so much more of the material on the market is fake, whoever is doing it is an asbolute master to have mastered so many signatures and can sign all of them so perfectly and naturally.......

Comment

Jeremy,

Nice card....like it!

pfeil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X