SS EK I document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John

You've been around here quite some time and are an association member. A quick look on the fakes section would have shown you other such fake ss docs, and a search here would have brought up genuine examples.

If you're after award docs and you're uncertain then just run it by the guys here.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

fake document

Exactly. When a SS award document of any type only attracts enough bidders that the final price is $ 71.00, something is wrong.

Comment

Not to mention the spelling of General
        Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
        Hi John,

The seal is probably the most obvious indicator, but there are many more flaws with this document.

1) Going by the date on this document (May of 1943), the unit should be SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 3 Totenkopf, not SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 3.

2) The division should be 3. SS-Panzergrenadier-Division "Totenkopf", not 3. Panzer-Division "Totenkopf" as shown on the fake seal.

3) In May of 1943, the unit was in Kharkov, not in Belgorod.

4) The Divisional Commander should be SS-Gruppenführer Max Simon, not this imaginary SS-Obergruppenführer.

5) The paper does not look correct for this type of document

6) The soiling to the document looks deliberate rather than natural aging

7) The pre-printed parts of the document do not look crisp or dark enough.

These are the major flaws, but an in-hand examination of the document would reveal many more.

Best regards,
        Tom

Comment

The only thing that was perhaps original......was the typewriter the faker used.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

fake

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            John

You've been around here quite some time and are an association member. A quick look on the fakes section would have shown you other such fake ss docs, and a search here would have brought up genuine examples.

If you're after award docs and you're uncertain then just run it by the guys here.
            Hi Simon,

You're right. I know the guys here would've helped me out. I don't know why I didn't do that. Like I said earlier, I just saw EK I document and ran with it. Didn't even realize it was SS till I got it. Next time I'll pay more attention to the item description.

Comment

The market has been flooded as of late with these fake EK documents...

Here's one done with the same typewriter, same signer:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=538558

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
                The market has been flooded as of late with these fake EK documents...

Here's one done with the same typewriter, same signer:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=538558

"Hundestaffel"
                Yes, that Fallschirmjäger EK2 document is another fake for sure. But it was not, in my opinion, done on the same typewriter, nor can we say that the same forger signed both.

Best regards,
                Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Looking no further than the numerals, it is obvious that each of these fakes (SS EK1 & Fallschirmjäger EK2) was done on a different typewriter.
                  Attached Files
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

tyanacek:

Looks like my mistake on the typewriter comment (I was overly focused on the signature), but the upward slanting, terribly scrawled signature looks, IMO, to be the same singer uncomfortably forcing his hand and trying (too) hard to be "different"...at any rate, both piece are clearly bad news...

"Hundestaffel"
                    Last edited by Hundestaffel; 09-03-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralle84 View Post
                      Not to mention the spelling of General
                      Another obvious mistake that I totally overlooked.

Best regards,
                      Tom
                      Attached Files
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Might want to buy a book on the unit, another fake from lack of reading regardless of the document itself

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                          Hi Simon,

You're right. I know the guys here would've helped me out. I don't know why I didn't do that. Like I said earlier, I just saw EK I document and ran with it. Didn't even realize it was SS till I got it. Next time I'll pay more attention to the item description.
                          Tom-

Just curious, but how did you not know it was "SS"

There are SS runes all over it, SS ranks, an SS unit (!) and a "SS stamp" (sorry, that stamp is so bad I had to put that in quotes).

Rob

Comment

POS Document

$71.00 would have been better spent towards this book...
                            Like a Cliff in the Ocean: A History of the 3rd SS-Panzer-Division Totenkopf by Karl Ullrich.

My advice, buy quality books, do some research and ask for help if not sure, before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                              Tom-

Just curious, but how did you not know it was "SS"

There are SS runes all over it, SS ranks, an SS unit (!) and a "SS stamp" (sorry, that stamp is so bad I had to put that in quotes).

Rob
                              Hello Rob,

I think you meant to address John here, not me. If you read the post you will see that I was the one that pointed out most of the flaws with this document.

Best regards,
                              Tom
                              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Fake EKI Document

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
                                Hello Rob,

I think you meant to address John here, not me. If you read the post you will see that I was the one that pointed out most of the flaws with this document.

Best regards,
                                Tom
                                Hi Rob, the reason I didn't know it was an SS document, I should say a supposed SS document, is as I said earlier, I didn't look at it. All I really looked at was the item header stating it was an EKI document. I now realize how stupid I was for not asking the people here about it before committing to buy it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X