SS EK I document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS EK I document

Here's an EKI document. Does it look authentic? Can someone read the general's signature?
    Attached Files

Hello John,

Sorry, but that is a horrible fake.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

No bueno

Comment

It's really bad

Regards.
        Bartosz

Comment

One of the silliest official seals I have ever seen on a fake document.
          Attached Files
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I think if this was in the bottom of a birdcage, it's ugliness would repel the bird droppings, and they'd actually float over it.

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

EK I fake

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help. I was afraid that it might be a fake. How can you tell that it was a fake? Was it just the seal?

Comment

One of the most obviously fake documents I've seen in quite some time

Rob

Comment

nonsens

Comment

fake EK I document

I understand it's a fake now. Could someone please tell me how you know it to be a fake? I'm new to collecting documents and would like to know what to look out for.

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                      How can you tell that it was a fake? Was it just the seal?
                      Hi John,

The seal is probably the most obvious indicator, but there are many more flaws with this document.

1) Going by the date on this document (May of 1943), the unit should be SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 3 Totenkopf, not SS-Totenkopf-Infanterie-Regiment 3.

2) The division should be 3. SS-Panzergrenadier-Division "Totenkopf", not 3. Panzer-Division "Totenkopf" as shown on the fake seal.

3) In May of 1943, the unit was in Kharkov, not in Belgorod.

4) The Divisional Commander should be SS-Gruppenführer Max Simon, not this imaginary SS-Obergruppenführer.

5) The paper does not look correct for this type of document

6) The soiling to the document looks deliberate rather than natural aging

7) The pre-printed parts of the document do not look crisp or dark enough.

These are the major flaws, but an in-hand examination of the document would reveal many more.

Best regards,
                      Tom
                      Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 09-03-2011, 01:09 AM.
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                        I understand it's a fake now. Could someone please tell me how you know it to be a fake? I'm new to collecting documents and would like to know what to look out for.
                        Hello again John,

If you are new to collecting documents, SS award documents is not a good place to begin.

Best regards,
                        Tom
                        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Here is a fake SS document that popped up on ebay recently:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=538119
                          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Fake document

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the help. I didn't really know it was an SS document till I received it. I was looking for an Iron Cross award document on ebay and found this one. Normally, I'm much more careful when getting such a thing. For some reason, I wasn't this time. Well, that's a $ 71.00, lesson learned isn't.

Comment

And the price of $71 is another indicator that all is not well with this citation!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X