100 & 1500 Feindflug Airfield Celebrations-DKiG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 & 1500 Feindflug Airfield Celebrations-DKiG

I just found these a few days ago and thought them interesting.

The Luftwaffe is not my area of expertise so I am hoping that perhaps there may be some clues as to the men involved or the type of unit. I put this picture up in hopes of identification but so far I have had no luck: ( http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522922 )

The DKiG winner is seen in all of the 100 Feindflug celebration photos wearing white shorts, and while the celebration is dated July 31, the pic. of him with the DKiG is dated two months later on September 4, 1943.

The single photo of the 1500 mission celebration, is of JG 1/11. My research says that they were stationed in Northern Germany and flew sorties against allied bombers.

There is one photo that I believe is FJ related. It is the photo congratulating "PAULEMANN" a happy birthday and the sign has a man hanging from a parachute. Nice BD present too,.........fresh food!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them.

Chuck
    Attached Files

Hi Chuck,

Nice photos, thanks for sharing

Could you post a bigger scan of the 1500 Feindflug photo?

Kind regards, Thomas

Comment

hi von stubben
      I think your photo shows in the backgruond a Hs126,and it could be.1.(F)Aufkl.Gr.11,not a JG.unit.
      Hope this helps.
      Regards Jack

Comment

Hi,

1.(H)/11 - short range reconnaissance squadron.

Robert

Comment

Yes for sure Recon as Robert noted, see the top portrait photo on left and you will see Recon clasp on his Bluse.
          Regards!
          Kevin

Comment

As noted Robert is correct it is definately 1.(H)/AG 11. With that knowledge and assuming the DKiG winner was awarded that decoration while with 1./AG11 it is one of two officers:

Olt. Martin Graefe 12.07.43

or

Hptmn Klaus Ringe 23.01.43

Most likely it is Ringe

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJ View Post
              As noted Robert is correct it is definately 1.(H)/AG 11. With that knowledge and assuming the DKiG winner was awarded that decoration while with 1./AG11 it is one of two officers:

Olt. Martin Graefe 12.07.43

or

Hptmn Klaus Ringe 23.01.43

Most likely it is Ringe

Regards

Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy, I too believe it must be Ringe due to his rank in the photo, which is Hauptmann.

Here is a larger picture as asked for. It was taken in Bryansk on April8 1943.
              Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

Given the unit, could this be a crashed FW-189?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone answer my last post?

Comment

It's definately possible since the unit was equipped with Fw189 but hard to say based on the wreckage shown.

Fw189 had the destinctive double tail and it is possible that the wreckage on the left is one of these tails broken off at the engine mount but again w/o further phots hard to confirm.

Jeremy

Comment

I believe the two pieces circled in red are the long tail sections and the larger section in the middle to be the fuselage.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I purchased these photos from a local antique shop/mall that has numerous dealers. Today I went in again and the woman dealer from whom these belonged to was there restocking her booth. I introduced myself and learned that these pics came from a large album which was falling apart so she removed them all and put them in a large box which she will be bringing in for me. Could prove quite interesting!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X