Show Your Hitler Jugend Photos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
    Because they were labeled "Maleme, Kreta" in the album they came from.
    I see - but fur sure that caption is incorrect, HJ-AA-crews were never stationed at crete. Also, the electric pole visible in the 1st foto is to "modern" for Malemes / crete back then.

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
      Very interesting about the ski club. Could be very plauisble. I never even thought of that! They do wear VERY similar if not the same caps w/buckle as DJ tho, right?
      Yes indeed - that style of caps and jackets was even produced and worn for skiing till the 1960s in germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
        I see - but fur sure that caption is incorrect, HJ-AA-crews were never stationed at crete. Also, the electric pole visible in the 1st foto is to "modern" for Malemes / crete back then.
        I also thought it was odd when I first read it....but I didnt second guess it, as it was in an album! lol. I appreciate it though and am glad I have the correct information now. When I purchased them, the seller sent me copies of the pages he would be willing to sell from a couple albums. I thought it was crappy he was breaking up the albums he had, but many sellers do that. The photos are indeed original period photos, but I now have a feeling the albums were put together. Many thanks!
        Good to know about the ski caps and Jackets as well. It must be tough on people who collect DJ caps, as post-war caps could look so similar! Thanks again

Mousey, as usual....great photo!

Comment

Hello all,

Time to bring this topic back alive! I realised that I also had a couple of Hitlerjugend photographs but never posted them here, so here they are.
          I'm not an expert on this area so if I make any mistakes, feel free to correct them.

With kind regards,

Koen.

1. This is actually a glass negative but I scanned it and this is the result. One of my favorite portraits, with sharp details and in perfect condition.
          Does anybody know what the Gebietsdreieck is? I can only read the first part; "Nord".

2. A small group of members of the Deutsches Jungolk in their uniform during the winter season.

3. A very nice class photograph from a Gymnasium in Hamburg, 1935. Also a very sharp photo and on the back side someone has written the names of each child.

4. Lehrerbildungsanstalt Köslin, Studenkameraden of the Deutsches Jungvolk. Also with this photograph I have the name of all the persons.
          The one on the right of the first row died on his 19th birthday in August 1943 as a SS-Panzergrenadier in SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 3 "Deutschland".

5. Marine-Hitlerjugend on the march in 1941 at Ammersee, Baden.

6. Ritterkreuzträger Hauptmann Langensee visiting the Hitlerjugend at a Wehrertüchtigungslager.

7. Oath swearing ceremony of the Hitlerjugend Flakhelfer.

8. Second photo of the above ceremony.

9. I don't really have a clue what this might be. Also some sort of Marine-Hitlerjugend?

10. Members of the Luftwaffe and Hitlerjugend having fun during an activity.

11. Nice portrait photograph of a member of the Hitlerjugend of Südost Oberdonau.

12. A portrait photograph of a Hitlerjugend boy of Südost Niederdonau.

13. Photograph of a member of the Deutsches Jungvolk(?) taken in 1941.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X