No announcement yet.

Erich Hartmann signed material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my other Erich Hartmann signature.. This of him and w/ his Crew Chief Bmmel Mertens... Merten's was his crew chief throughout the war...

Thank you! Scott

Comment

I have this autograph sheet from a book signing back in the 70s.
      Attached Files

Comment

Scott, Very nice item... What do you estimate the Hartmann, Toliver, Constable signatures to be worth that we both have? I am glad to see someone else has something similiar...

Comment

I've no idea - I've never had it appraised.

Comment

Scott, that is a great item with Mertens' signature, not a common one at all. Toliver and Constable signed many of these bookplates. I believe I have one with Galland's signature somewhere.

Comment

VtwinVince, Thank you for the nice compliment.. Would you believe I got that picture by accident? It was in the pages of the Erich Hartman book I bought...

I also have the one w/ Galland and Toliver/Constable signature.. However, I do not have the book "Fighter General" hmmm... A nice first edition would be a nice add on..

Thank you,
              Scott

Comment

VtwinVince, In fact I can't find any information about Mertens.. I don't know what happened to him after the war etc... ugh...

Comment

Here is the Galland signature..

Comment

Thought I would add mine to this thread as a known 100% original example. Its inscribed to me.

Regards,
                    Joel
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Joel! That is a great picture and awesome to have it personalized! Scott

Comment

good un

Here is a beauty from wartime.
                        Attached Files

Comment

At the recent MAX Show, I came upon a dealer in the back room, who had two seperate Hartmann autographed photos, at $ 75.00 each. Having read this thread previously, I was very wary of those photos, and , I must confess that I'm not confident now of what is a fake, and what isn't. Who do you trust?

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Robert, It is difficult... Signatures are difficult indeed to believe unless you have it looked at by a hand writing analyst, trust the person you buy from or have a photo of the seller w the person signing the item. LOL.

I would be skeptical buying in the situation you described. That is just me and folks may disagree.

I got mine from a family friend who I have known a long time and he has always told me about the Hartmann and meeting him so in my heart I know its true.

Thats about all I can say. I wouldn't pay $900 bucks for some 1st edition Blonde Knight of Germany book on the internat that is signed by Hartmann.

Thank you, Scott

Comment

Hmmm

I don't fully agree with Scott's view on how to decide whether to buy or not... your average collector is very unlikely to resort to a handwriting analyst because of the cost-benefit ratio - i.e. the analysis probably costs much more than the signed piece you want. Trusting in a dealer or in an accompanying CoA is certainly a flawed option - some dealers have no idea about the authenticity or otherwise of what they sell. Not trusting some dealers with a dodgy record is a better option...

IMO, doing some proper research for yourself is clearly the most informed way to prepare to buy something you want in your collection. Their are plenty of post-war Hartmann sigs on reliable pieces such as those on art prints and things like the book plate shown earlier in the thread. It is a matter of finding as many examples and familiarising yourself with and comparing the features of the signature and the material it is signed on. You can rarely be 100% sure unless you have a photo of the piece actually being signed by the person.

Comment

oh dear

Here's another Hartmann clipping on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Erich-Hartma...item2eb83771cd

Look at the price - US$925

I wonder where this clipping came from originally?? Plenty of room for a nice pencil drawing on top...

I wouldn't want the 'wartime' Kittel, Nowotny, von Kluge etc. this dealer is selling either... IMO from the factory...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Simon O.; 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM. Reason: toned down

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X