Erich Hartmann signed material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erich Hartmann signed material

Further to the Marseille thread, I thought it worthwhile to look at other doubtful sigs doing the rounds, this time for Erich Hartmann.

First I will post what I believe to be two more recent (late 80s?/early 90's? before the great man died) authentic post-war sigs. The first comes from a Robert Taylor print I own - Sting of the Black Tulip - and I believe can be considered authentic as Hartmann was, by my understanding, either sent these prints to sign directly or signed them in the presence of a Military Gallery representative.

The other is also I believe another good example of a more recent post-war Hartmann. Feel free to disagree of course.
    Attached Files

Earlier sigs

Here are two earlier Hartmann sigs I am suggesting are authentic. One 1977 and one 1961. Again, feel free to raise any concerns or agree that they are ok sigs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Two wartime

Lastly, before I post what I think are clearly some BS Hartmann sigs, here are two wartime examples I think are good. Note the state of the clipping - no nice little piece of paper with lovely sig. The Hoffmann is a beauty I think - not mine unfortunately.
      Attached Files

Comment

Two I don't like

Here are two post-war sigs I think are BS. It's easy to see when you compare to the other ones I previously posted and on the Robert Taylor print example especially. You'll see why it is important to establish these post-war examples as BS as I continue this thread.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wartime BS

Like the Marseille thread, here are some 'wartime' clippings. Of course, they are in perfect condition, etc etc. And, like the one I posted in that thread, the one with artwork is a 'designer clipping'.

But the key thing is that the sigs are almost identical to the two post-war BS photos in my previous post. I would even suggest they are signed by the same person - and it wasn't Hartmann IMO. Stupid faker, as Ralf would say.

I hope I have made a good argument with this Hartmann thread to support the views presented in the Marseille thread about what is an obvious issue. It is much easier to recognize the BS sigs in this thread though.
          Attached Files

Comment

And more

So if the Hartmann sig on clippings are BS, what about the rest of these signed along with 'Hartmann' in the attached photos??

I personally would have serious doubts about all of these sigs, and I wonder how many Hoffmanns and private photos out there contain these same BS sigs...
            Attached Files

Comment

Great thread, thank you very much.
              It will open the collectors eyes!

Comment

Ups, whats that ?

http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/autog...mel-51701.html

Comment

One of my most beautiful photos - from a post war meeting of the LW aces in the earlier sixties...

Are all known ?

GG
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have one almost identical to the photograph posted on the left-hand side of #2.

It's dated in 1982.

It must have been the 'stock' photograph he used for 'fans' at that time.

N

Comment

Rommel

Yeah, Ralf, I think a Rommel sigs thread might be of interest in the near future. Next I'll do a Rudel thread. Like Hartmann, the BS is obvious...

Nice pic GG. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Lastly

A good Hartmann clipping and BS one. Pathetic really.

Here are BS Rudel sigs unmasked:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post4653371
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hartmann

A post-war signature but with an original photograph coming from Hartmann himself.

Comment

Hartmann signed documents

Yep another BS one. Thanks WJW. Here are two more... on docs this time... anybody have knowledge re documents that can comment on these two and pass comment on their authenticity beyond the BS sigs?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Clarifying

Just to prevent any confusion for post #12 and the two clippings, I'll make it clear that the good clipping is on the left and the BS one on the right

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X