No announcement yet.

Document Group Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've blown up the Himmler signature as far as it will go without losing too much definition. I am now leaning more towards forgery than I did at first. There are several aspects, apart from the obvious departures from usual Himmler signatures, which raise serious doubts. Added to these are problems I have with the actual construction of the entire document. Taking these into account and without the benefit of physical examination, I now believe the Himmler document more likely to be a forgery. With this in mind, in addition to the problems with some of the other documents, I would have serious doubts about the authenticity of this group as it is presented.
    Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
      I've blown up the Himmler signature as far as it will go without losing too much definition. I am now leaning more towards forgery than I did at first. There are several aspects, apart from the obvious departures from usual Himmler signatures, which raise serious doubts. Added to these are problems I have with the actual construction of the entire document. Taking these into account and without the benefit of physical examination, I now believe the Himmler document more likely to be a forgery. With this in mind, in addition to the problems with some of the other documents, I would have serious doubts about the authenticity of this group as it is presented.
      Max.
      I'll do the same and see what happens.

EDIT:

Ok, i've done it to. The lines does not appear to be correct. When looking closer it could be that the signature itself was disguised by the way it's written (thicker lines). Cause they do not appear to be of Himmler's handwriting after the photo is blown up, the lines and the way it's written does show some errors.

With this and the fact that it's not a typical Himmler signature i will withdraw my earlier opinion. Not saying it's a forgery without any doubt, but saying that i wouldn't spend money on it. Lot's of other unquestionable Himmler signatures out there to buy one that has red flags.
      Last edited by Jon-Olav Holden; 04-05-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
        I'll do the same and see what happens.
        EDIT:
        Ok, i've done it to. The lines does not appear to be correct. When looking closer it could be that the signature itself was disguised by the way it's written (thicker lines). Cause they do not appear to be of Himmler's handwriting after the photo is blown up, the lines and the way it's written does show some errors.
        Jon-Olav,
        Here's my blown up version with highlighted contrast to exaggerate the strokes of the pen. (I assume that strokes are what you mean by lines.) By doing this, we can see the way the pen moved when depositing the ink on the surface and it makes examination easier. It's the best we can achieve on a PC browser from a posted signature.
        When compared to other authentic Himmler signatures, certain faults become obvious in this example. Not only is the "flow" of the signature incorrect, but the actual structure of some characters does not compare favourably with authentic Himmler handwriting.
        However, if it could be finally determined that this signature is a fake after proper laboratory examination, I must say that it is an excellent attempt at copying his autograph.
        Regards,
        Max.
        Attached Files

Comment

Jon-Olav,
          Here's my blown up version with highlighted contrast to exaggerate the strokes of the pen. (I assume that strokes are what you mean by lines.) By doing this, we can see the way the pen moved when depositing the ink on the surface and it makes examination easier. It's the best we can achieve on a PC browser from a posted signature.
          When compared to other authentic Himmler signatures, certain faults become obvious in this example. Not only is the "flow" of the signature incorrect, but the actual structure of some characters does not compare favourably with authentic Himmler handwriting.
          However, if it could be finally determined that this signature is a fake after proper laboratory examination, I must say that it is an excellent attempt at copying his autograph.
          Regards,
          Max.
          Max,

Of course, i'm sorry, my english is a bit rusty I did mean lines.

And yes, the fault's are spotted when blowing it up, this is why i believe they wrote it thicker to disguise the faults. It's shown clear on the photo you posted. When looking at special points over the signature, the last part with the Himml"ER" does not look correct, to much writing there, and the edges are not sharp enough, this counts for the rest of the signature to.

I totally agree. This would be an excellent attempt of a forged Himmler signature. And it would have been very interesting with a lab examination.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
            It's shown clear on the photo you posted. When looking at special points over the signature, the last part with the Himml"ER" does not look correct, to much writing there, and the edges are not sharp enough, this counts for the rest of the signature to.
            I'm afraid I disagree with you here. In my opinion, the strokes appear too sharp (hence the lack of natural flow) and I think the "er" is a good attempt. I found faults with other parts of the signature.
            Max.

Comment

I'm afraid I disagree with you here. In my opinion, the strokes appear too sharp (hence the lack of natural flow) and I think the "er" is a good attempt. I found faults with other parts of the signature.
              Max.
              If looking at it that way, yes they do. If you only follow the line where the pen was moving around the paper it's to sharp on some spots. It's probably as you said the natural flaw that gives it the other look that i was thinking of. But i still don't like the "er" part, when looking closer to where the pen was moved.

There's a few more issues IMO, regarding the "M's" and the "I" and the "H" for Heinrich +. Not pointing out exactly what, so the thread won't turn in to a guide to make a fake Himmler signature.

I have cut out parts from an original signature here to show some difference.
              Himmler sig exam copy.jpg

Comment

My last comment on this batch of documents is that there are some pieces which appear to be authentic whilst others have raised doubts. To describe the documents as a group is misleading as they are obviously not relating to one person and therefore each document should be investigated individually.
                Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X