Flag Postcards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flag Postcards

I know these have been reproduced and would like to know if anyone knows what to look for in regards to if card is a copy or not. Here are a few that came my way lately. I suspect they are bad but would like to know what you think, Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike - check out the beginning of this thread that I started. Name of artist lower right should be complete.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=501220

Curt

Comment

Last edited by oldflagswanted; 03-26-2011, 02:47 PM. Reason: deleted duplicate reply
          sigpic
          .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Thanks so much for the link and information. Then, is the first one okay since the name in complete? Mike

Comment

not to be redundant, is the Calvary postcard okay? Mike

Comment

The cards shown, including the calvary card, are all reprints. Aside from the Klein name being cut off in most of this series, the original cards have almost an iridescent quality to the silver portions of the image. Further, the background graphics are much more indistinct in the reprints than on the original cards. Remember, that the reprints are a 2nd generation image and they reflect the erosion of resolution.

Ramon
                Last edited by ramon; 04-08-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much! I thought that to be the case but just wanted to make sure before doing anything with them. Thanks for all the help.. Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X