U-Boot Award document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boot Award document

Guys, I need your help on this one, original??

Thanks in advance,
    Edgar
    Attached Files

I don't like the stamp or the Roesing signature.

Comment

I agree with Brian, although 8 out of 10 for effort on the signature but the shaky loop on the R gives it away and all the Roesing signatures I have seen are quite large or stamped.

Comment

The stamp is probably fake also.
        Jeff

Comment

I agree with the others, i don't like the stamp, sig or colour\contrast between the paper and typing.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks guys, you confirmed my doubts....The paper seems to be bad as well...so in total crap..

Comment

I have my doubts about this document.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Have a look at the other threads too.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=475346

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=487906

The faker did use the same fake document.

Not only a fake stamp and fake signature, but also a fake document is used.

Also a wrong typewriter is used this time.

That document is a fake / reprint that goes around for about 15 to 20 years now.

Often seen for sale with different names by a German dealer who visits shows in Huizen and Arnhem.

There are different stamps and signatures known to be used on it.

This version of the UBoat document does show a failure, the small black mark on the left arm of the German cross.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

"That document is a fake / reprint that goes around for about 15 to 20 years now".

Erik-Jan, it's actually older than that. I've got a blank document, which I believe I purchased around 1982. It has the same smeared swastika.

cheers
                  Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
                    "That document is a fake / reprint that goes around for about 15 to 20 years now".

Erik-Jan, it's actually older than that. I've got a blank document, which I believe I purchased around 1982. It has the same smeared swastika.

cheers
                    Peter
                    Peter,

Thank you for the information.

I have never seen a blank version of this fake.

And 15 to 20 years ago I did see the first filled-in version appearing on the market.

Concerning the smeared swastika, the ones I have seen were really printed, not made with a copier-machine, so the failure must have been on the print-plate.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
                      Gentlemen,

Have a look at the other threads too.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=475346

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=487906

The faker did use the same fake document.

Not only a fake stamp and fake signature, but also a fake document is used.

Also a wrong typewriter is used this time.

That document is a fake / reprint that goes around for about 15 to 20 years now.

Often seen for sale with different names by a German dealer who visits shows in Huizen and Arnhem.

There are different stamps and signatures known to be used on it.

This version of the UBoat document does show a failure, the small black mark on the left arm of the German cross.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan
                      Very interesting Eric-Jan, thanks again. I noticed the black arm on the EK too when I opened the frame......The problem was that this document was framed when I got it and from the pictures sent previously was all very hard to see trough the dirty glas. Anyway I can send it back with no problems

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X