No announcement yet.

Waffen SS Hitler Jugend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hitlerjugend Division mostly worn what they were issued or could lay their hands on.

Here is a photograph (Bundes Bildarchiv) of the 12. SS-Pz.Div. in Belgium

P.S.
    Jim, many thanks for sharing!

Comment

The man in the photo may be from SS-Pz.Gren. Ausb. u. Ers. Btl 12 'Hitlerjugend' which was in Arnhiem which was just down the road.
      Also SS-IG Ausb. u. Ers. Btl 2 was located in Apeldoorm itself so it could be a recruit form this unit as well.

Cheers

Scott

Comment

HJ in Apeldoorn

Hallo

the young man in the photograph may indeed be a Hitlerjunge undergoing training at the SS-Kraftfahrschule I in Apeldoorn. This school did have courses for Hitlerjungen.

Best regard

Nico

Comment

ss hitlerjugend

They had Hitlerjugend or SS belt buckle? Infantery or SS helmets? SS or hitlerjugend uniforms?
          Thx for ur replies cause i'm trying to have the right gears for a museum...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
            The 12th SS had to earn their cuff titles rather than being issued with them

Nick
            absolutely Nick! Not sure if u were responding to my post specifically, but I definitely didnt imply they were just issued them. Like you said, it was a privelage rather than a right, which was earned! Good thing you made that clear tho, for sure.
            (would be awesome if Tristou had one for his display, but not necessarily needed IMO)

Tristou,
            Still not sure if you are still talking about Beverloo in particular or not, but Here is a colored photo, which may help you a bit. This photo was colored (not by me), of an original photo taken in Caen of the 12th SS Pz.-Div. Colors may not be exact, but you get the point. As you can see, SS buckle is in wear. As far as helmets are concerned, they wore peadot helmet covers, so to save money....you could get away with a regular Heer lid since its going to be covered anyway. Just a suggestion as this display wont be cheap to purchase or find if original!! I would love to see your display once youve finished!
            Attached Files

Comment

12th panzer division

Thank u very much for the picture, and i definitely will make sure that u have a pic of the display.
              My biggest problem is that i only buy originals, as it has to be displayed in a museum. Will cost a lot and will take a bit of time.
              U guys could help me by sending me links where i can find these originals and enumerate what i have to buy.
              I'll send u all a free museum ticket ;-)

Comment

I believe he is also wearing the late war ankle gators and short combat boots. I think it is an SS buckle judging by the way he is displaying it for the camera. This poor bugger is definately heading for the 12th Div.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X