Waffen SS Hitler Jugend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS Hitler Jugend?

I picked up this photo yesterday at the flea market and later noticed that the license plate is SS. The photo was taken in Apeldoorn. Could it possibly be W-SS HJ or just a helper?
    Attached Files

the photo is later as he is wearing the Gamaschen and here is the back of the photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO a Helper from the HJ in the Service of an SS Unit, no Collar Tabs and, have a look at the Jacket, it seems a little bot too big for the young Man

Andy

Comment

Andy, thanks and he appears to be wearing an SS buckle but it is unfortunately not that sharp.

Comment

Yes, I think too it´s a SS Buckle. I think he is complete dressed by the SS and only the Armband marks him as not Regular..

Best Regards

Andy

Comment

And it looks like a skull on his cap (ss schiffchen)?

Comment

He is a recruit in the 12th SS Panzer Division (HJ). There are several pictures of this sort of combination (i.e. SS cap and belt with HJ armband and no collar tabs) in publication (see for example Luther's history of the division, pages 35 - 37).

Mike

Comment

Car

Hi,

Just in case you don't know, this car is a Renault Primaquatre ACL.

Cheers
                Steve

Comment

Here is a young HJ - SS member
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
                    He is a recruit in the 12th SS Panzer Division (HJ). There are several pictures of this sort of combination (i.e. SS cap and belt with HJ armband and no collar tabs) in publication (see for example Luther's history of the division, pages 35 - 37).

Mike

I fully agree. It looks like he just barely meets the height requirements for the 12th SS HJ too. The Renault cant be much taller than 5 ft right? (i know they werent very discriminating, just an observation). Good call on the gamaschen.....I didnt even notice em at first glance. He looks like he is proud of his belt buckle too. This is a great photo and an awesome find. How come I can never find sumthin like this at a flea market? haha thank you very much for sharing this "rarer" to find type of photo.

p.s. nice photo as well AJ....hard to find studio portrait
                    Last edited by 12thPanzer; 01-17-2011, 05:59 AM.

Comment

after looking at the overseas cap more carefully it is indeed an SS Schiffschen, not as nice as AJ's photo however!

Comment

12th ss hitlerjugend

Dear u,
                        Would u be able to tell me what was the outfit of this 12th ss panzer division, while they were in beverloo training camp?
                        What was their armband? cufftitles?, Hats and uniforn(panzer or camouflage?)..

thx to all

Comment

good question tistou! As you know, supplies were pretty scarce when starting the 12th. (were supposed to be a PzGren reg before too). Some New recruits/volunteers were actually showing up wearing civilian clothes and some still in there HJ uniforms. Even some of the officers who were transferred from the Heer + Luftwaffe were still wearing there old uniforms for some time. From my understanding, when they were training in Beverloo, being in/around occupied territory...they were issued SS peadot uniforms as shown in the photo I will post. Im not exactly sure tho!? Also good to know is that the "HitlerJugend" cufftitles were not used until After the invasions. Even the men who were transferred from the Liebstandarte were still wearing the "Adolf Hitler" CTs up until then. This is about all I know of any uniform information. Maybe someone else can help with some uniform info.
                          The photo with the peadots was labeled Beverloo after a quick google search, but I cant be 100% positive it is. They did however train with live ammo there. Ive added a couple Panzer shots, during excercise at Beverloo as well which are from Hubert Meyers book
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 12thPanzer; 07-14-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

The 12th SS had to earn their cuff titles rather than being issued with them

Nick

Comment

12th panzer division

Thx a lot for the reply..
                              Guess i have to do a combo of different uniform pieces to be close from reality..
                              Not far from buying an original hitlerjugend cufftitle..Will go direct to museum..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X