No announcement yet.

Question theme: Authentic or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here more of the seller from the fake Panzer RKT. You see this dirty "tea" look on the photographs. This dirty tea look is many times to be found on fake photographs.
    Attached Files

Comment

More ..
      Attached Files

Comment

More of this dirty tea look is to be seen here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=485211
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=485104

Another fake to be added is following SS Panzer Portrait.. Please look to the cutting of the edges and its size. The portrait is self is somewhat larger than PC format. This is a reprint of a negative.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=484671
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas H View Post
          Ebay links post #8
          The SS RK-winner is Johannes Mühlenkamp with his own dog.
          His first dog died in Russia, no idea which one is shown here.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
            They are all original, which others will agree That they are not something special doesn't mean anything, many photos of equipment are being copied - the halftrack or the ship are beautiful photographs and easily to be copied and reprinted. Due many eyes didn't have seen the photographs, it get sold many times (even if it is for a small price, just count..).
            Thanks for the help Especially the mortar in the Leningrad area and the halftrack pics raised many questions by me. For example the vertical stripes on the Leningrad pic and the white blurry stripe on the halftrack pic plus also the black " edge" on the right bottom of the pic which makes it look like it's a copy from an original. Or is this something that can be seen more on original pics? Myself I have some 5 or 6 pics with such a black " edge".

Comment

The SS portrait does look very good done although I've seen this one before.. Also I've seen reprints of negatives before WITH an atelierstamp. I'm having the same feeling with this portrait - do you have a scan of the complete photograph and not a cut out version? Scan of the reverse would help which sadly is not for hand. My voice, I do not believe in this photograph.
              No, I unfortunatly have just that pic how it was posted on the Estand.

btw, with a good night of sleep, I for myself came to the solution that the actual pose and direction of the face of this Allg. SS soldier reminds me of a kind of propaganda photo made by professionals for propaganda purpose...not like a private portrait for the families or wife....I mean to be honest, this guy looks like a model..isnt he?!The perfect guy for a SS Propaganda Photo

Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
                Thanks for the help Especially the mortar in the Leningrad area and the halftrack pics raised many questions by me. For example the vertical stripes on the Leningrad pic and the white blurry stripe on the halftrack pic plus also the black " edge" on the right bottom of the pic which makes it look like it's a copy from an original. Or is this something that can be seen more on original pics? Myself I have some 5 or 6 pics with such a black " edge".
                The black edges could have been the result of the developer, doesn't necesarry mean it are copies from original ones, most of the time they are cut nicely. The white blurry stripes or other stripes / blurry spots are also because of developing or from the camera. I have also photoalbums or loose photographs which have these kind of blurry stripes / spots.

Comment

The black edges could have been the result of the developer, doesn't necesarry mean it are copies from original ones, most of the time they are cut nicely. The white blurry stripes or other stripes / blurry spots are also because of developing or from the camera. I have also photoalbums or loose photographs which have these kind of blurry stripes / spots.
                  Thanks!!! It's nice to know all are original and that such blurry spots and also black edges are seen more because these were for me my main concern.

About the dirty tea look: these are usually on unmarked photo paper? Or is there a possibility that original marked photo paper can be used as well for such fakes?
                  Because as far as I know the Agfa paper with double line underneath the logo is always original. Or is this perhaps a common wrong thought?

Comment

Thanks!!! It's nice to know all are original and that such blurry spots and also black edges are seen more because these were for me my main concern.

About the dirty tea look: these are usually on unmarked photo paper? Or is there a possibility that original marked photo paper can be used as well for such fakes?
                    Because as far as I know the Agfa paper with double line underneath the logo is always original. Or is this perhaps a common wrong thought?
                    If I find the time tomorrow I will post some I have.

Depends. These are not marked. Sometimes others are marked "Agfa" or stamped with Ukranian or Russian Archive stamps etc. As I told before it is getting difficult these days because they are printing on old stock paper.

Comment

I have no problems with the photo in post #18...

Comment

I thought the lines stand for the quality grade.

Comment

Oh Lord.... the blind leading the blind. "dirty tea look" is a sepia tonning process used to enhance its archival qualities. Very commonly used during that period to preserve the photograph.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            Oh Lord.... the blind leading the blind. "dirty tea look" is a sepia tonning process used to enhance its archival qualities. Very commonly used during that period to preserve the photograph.
                            I wish my English was better to mean what I mean. This is not good quality color and many times to be found on Russian archive photos and faked photos.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                              It's also a common way to describe the artificial aging of photos (as is the case in the examples on this page of the thread).

Comment

More of this dirty look.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X