Berghof/Berchtesgaden Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berghof/Berchtesgaden Photos

Picked this grouping off Ebay. My favorite topic Berghof/Berchtesgaden!! I don't have any info on the soldier but he did a great job of identifying the locations except for listing Austria instead of Germany. A translation of the sign would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NEllis; 12-09-2010, 06:21 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nate, those photos are FANTASTIC !! Nice that they have writing on the back.
        ** Jealous ** .....

Comment

Originally posted by Got da Penny View Post
          Nate, those photos are FANTASTIC !! Nice that they have writing on the back.
          ** Jealous ** .....
          Thanks! I know your a photo nut and would enjoy them.

Comment

Nate,

Salzberg = Salt Mountain.

This region is famous for its salt mines. In fact, one can still see this 'works' today by taking a tour into the mountain.

http://www.salzzeitreise.de/en/globa...htesgaden.html

Below are a couple of photos from this past Sept. 2010.

Best,
            John
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is same the 'Fußweg' (Foot path) seen in the third photo of post 2. Today this leads down from the front of the Eagle's Nest to the bus park below.

Best,
              John
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is entrance to the tunnel, which leads to the brass-plated elevator which brings you upto the Eagle's Nest.

The sign reads 'Erbaut 1938' (Built 1938) and this is located at the bus park, the same location as the fourth photo in post 2.

Best,
                John
                Attached Files

Comment

Nate,

If you haven't already, you must visit Berchtesgaden one day. It's a beautiful area and the views from the Eagle's Nest are not to be missed.

Best,
                  John
                  Attached Files

Comment

Lovely images! I must get there in 2011 !!

Nick

Comment

I visited Berchtesgaden in 2007 and didn't want to leave. Looking forward to making it back one day. I would like to live there a couple years doing any job I could find!! Is the mine outside the city? Nothing like that blue mountain water!! Thanks for the photos/info. Do we still have a "translation" section?
                      Last edited by NEllis; 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Nate - Those are great photos! You must admit how photos such as these are all the more pleasing after you have visited Berchtesgaden . . . no matter how much of the town's history is destroyed over the years, there is still something to be said for visiting the place - a kind of "feeling" you get, don't you agree? I really love the photo of the front of the Berghof - nice!

Hey John M. D. - I was just thinking . . . on the same day you were stomping around Berchtesgaden this year, I was keeping an eye on you from afar . . . looking across the Gastein Valley from high-atop the Stubnerkogel, and peering over the Salzburger Shieferalpen and the Berchtesgadener Alps. Seeing your photos, now I am certain it was you I saw that day over in Berchtesgaden . . . Aren't the Alps gorgeous?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey Guys,

Nate - I can understand the feeling of not wanting to leave the Berchtesgadener Land. It is a such a beautiful place. Were you able to check out the Königssee while there? Also, did you visit Frau Scharfenberg at the Zum Tuerken Hotel?

Brad - Great photo! We had actually planned an afternoon hike while there on our final day, but the weather was grey and it was raining a bit so we made an early visit to München instead. Were going to head up to the Wimback Schloss:
                          http://www.wimbachschloss.de/

Best,
                          John

Comment

Outstanding set of photos ! Did you snag them recently ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                              Outstanding set of photos ! Did you snag them recently ?
                              About a week ago. I'm still waiting on two from the same grouping to come in.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X