Collection of Hunting Licenses, Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection of Hunting Licenses, Value?

Here is a photo of a group of Forestry documents (licenses) that I just bought. These are the first of these I have had. Can anyone tell me what a fair price would be for these. I have seen some online in the $80.00-110.00 US price range.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks
    Andy
    Attached Files

I think they are interesting, but unless they are from somebody famous, I wouldn't think they'd be more than a few $$$.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi Andy,

as I do collect hunting licenses, I can give you some info on these. I took the freedom to take your photo and to mark the different papers:

Blue “F” marked documents: Fishing licenses. I don’t collect these, so I can’t give you any further info.

Green “3”: Hunting license(s) for natives, valid for one year (Jahresjagdschein). The third variation of this hunting license used from 1937 to 1945. The most common hunting license having only a low value (I’d rate them with 15$ max.).

Green “2”: Hunting license(s) for natives, valid for one year. Like #3, but the second variation used only in 1936. Rare. Value app. in the 35 to 60$ range.

T3: Hunting license(s) for natives, valid for five days (Tagesjagdschein), third variation of this hunting license used from 1937 to 1945. First and second variations of this Tagesjagdschein are much more rare, but the T3 is in any case rarer than the one year license, third variation. Approximately 10% of the issued hunting licenses were five-day licenses. Value …. Hum, app. 30 to 45$

Fo2: toll-free hunting license, second variation (I’m aware of only two variations of this). This is a special hunting license free of charge which was issued only to foresters and state-employed game wardens. Rarer than the normal hunting license. Value 30 to 50 $, maybe a little more.

P: This is a rare bird! It took me long to find one. It’s not a III. Reich hunting license, but a hunting license valid only in Prussia and issued only in 1934 (before 1934 the Prussian hunting licenses did not have a swastika and in 1935 the Reichs hunting law came into force; since then, the hunting licenses were valid in whole Germany, not only in the particular states). Value….. hard to say, you must find somebody who cares for this variation.

A: a special ID card for “Jagdschutzberechtigte”, that means, for hunters who were allowed to hunt and to execute the Game Protection Service in a certain district. Rare. Value? I don’t know.

Hope, this helps. (No, I’m not interested – I have such documents already).

Regards

Martin

Comment

Hello,

What Martin gave you above is the best advise you will find on these here. This is not that popular of an area for collectors. While dealers may ask those sort of prices, I've paid in the range Martin indicated above on a number of licenses. Perhaps if you had a high ranking photo of a notable officer you may have some sort of premium, although I remember a while back a license with Heer General in uniform had trouble selling for about a $100. Below is a related link on the subject.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=234363
        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X